Monday, April 13, 2020

What a week...

So...last Sunday our dishwasher started acting up. I love Samsung phones...but I'm really starting to hate their appliances. :( On Sunday, the dishwasher stopped mid-cycle then started draining and flashing a leak sensor code. We couldn't even turn the stupid thing off. It would just turn itself right back on and start draining and flashing the code again. We ended up having to turn it off at the breaker just to get it to stop. We pulled it out of the cabinet and tipped it on its side so we could see the leak sensor. There was only a tiny bit of water in the bottom...so we weren't sure why it started doing that. We dried it all out and put it all back together...and then it worked fine. I was able to run two loads before it started doing it again.  So this weekend I unhooked everything and pulled it out of the cabinet again. Johnny helped me lift it up so we could take the bottom off enough to find where it was leaking at.


And...now we have a new water inlet valve that is supposed to arrive tomorrow by 8pm. Hopefully it arrives early in the day. I'm going to figure out how to replace it even if Johnny is still working because I HATE doing dishes by hand and I don't wanna wait for him to get off work. :P

I'd tried talking to Samsung customer service about the dishwasher and the fact that the ice maker in our refrigerator stopped working. There's a problem with the water line being frozen/blocked...and their service bulletin suggested replacing the entire freezer door. That is just ridiculous...and so far I've found no parts places that sell an entire freaking door. So...yeah. We won't ever buy more Samsung appliances in the future. We were originally hoping to finish our kitchen with a Samsung stove/oven...but I'd rather go with a different brand now. The quality of Samsung appliances leaves a lot to be desired and their customer service is useless. 

We also got our stimulus check today. We've decided to use it to replace the living room and dining room carpet with waterproof vinyl planks. The carpet is almost 20 years old and has seen a lot of heavy traffic and lots of pets. And the front door stone tiles haven't been adhered down right pretty much since they were installed when Johnny bought the house in 2006...so we're taking those out too. And then we're also going to get some large area rugs to put down in the living room and dining room once the flooring is finished. I found some nice ones we like on Overstock. I'm planning to do the flooring myself...but we'll see how it goes. :P I try to do as much as I can myself since Johnny is still working and I don't have any work available at the moment.

We also have to get some fill dirt to put around the house. It's been needing it for years now and we just never got around to it. We also need a new sump pump before storm season really gets going again. And I want to rent a dumpster so we can clean out the garage and backyard too. 

Things are going alright here in "quarantine" other than the dishwasher. My back is killing me from standing so long washing the dishes by hand. And my legs were sore for days lifting the dishwasher racks full of dishes in and out of the dishwasher. I didn't think about it until the next day when it hurt to move. :P I cannot wait to get that stupid thing fixed and out of the way back in the cabinet. If we didn't have other things planned with our stimulus check, I'd just get a new dishwasher and refrigerator and be done with it all. :P

I did get around to making two loaves of banana cake bread though. Mmm! It turned out very yummy! :)