Thursday, April 2, 2020

Recipe: Cornbread Ranch Chicken

This is another one of Aubry's favorite recipes. I've played around with it quite a bit and I think I've gotten it the way I like it now. It is really super easy and tastes great! I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and corn. Mmmm!

Cornbread Ranch Chicken 
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, each cut in half. 
2 large eggs 
1 pkg Jiffy corn muffin mix 
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
4 tbs oil.

Directions: 
1. Heat 4 tbs oil in skillet over medium heat. 
2. Scramble eggs into a shallow dish. 
3. Combine the corn muffin mix and ranch mix in another shallow container. Mix well. 
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then coat it completely with the cornbread mixture. 
5. Cook the chicken in oil for about 3-4 minutes on each side (until it is no longer pink).
6. Enjoy!

Alternatively, I made this recipe a short time later with smaller strips of chicken, coated, and then placing them on a greased baking sheet and baking them in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes on one side, flipping them, and then 25 minutes on the other side. I actually prefer this method now. :)