Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April is almost over!

It's amazing how fast the year is already going by. The school year is almost over...which means my oldest child will be out of high school. That's so crazy! Graduation is being postponed until later on in the year. But we picked up Aubry's senior yard sign yesterday. It looks great! After the lawn is mowed again, we'll put it out there. :)

Things have been pretty busy lately. Yesterday Aubry dropped her dog off to be neutered and is picking him up today. They also pulled four of his baby teeth that never fell out while he was already under anesthesia. So no more janky teeth for Linken. :P Aubry was sad not having him sleeping in her bed like he has since she brought him home and she was worried that he'd be mad at her...but we assured her that Linken will be excited to see her and happy to be home. :) Now we need to make the appointment for Neko to get fixed as well!

Aubry had a doctor appointment yesterday and Johnny had a dentist appointment today. And yesterday we also picked up some of the stuff we'll need to install the flooring after it gets here on Thursday. I'm so excited to get started! I've been working on the basement...trying to get it all organized so we can move a majority of the furniture and stuff from upstairs to the basement so it'll be out of the way. We still have to tear out all the carpet and tile then clean and treat the subfloor. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

This past weekend I helped Johnny with some yard work. We cut down a lot of the small trees growing along the fence and in the flowerbeds in front of the house. He also pulled a lot of the weeds from one of the front flowerbeds. We still have quite a bit of work to do, but it was nice to get started. It killed my allergies though! So I only helped bag everything up in between working on the basement.

Last night I made cornbread ranch chicken tenders for dinner. Instead of frying it like I did in this recipe, I cut chicken breasts into smaller strips and then placed them on a greased baking sheet and baked them in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes on one side, flipped them, then baked for 25 minutes on the other side. They turned out really good! I think that's my new preferred way to make cornbread ranch chicken now. :)

Now...I gotta get back to work!