Saturday, April 4, 2020

Online Learning: Week 1 complete.

Well...we survived the girls' first week of online high school. It seems to be going well so far. I think the puppies enjoy having the girls home, too! They've appeared a few times during the girls' zoom meetings. The girls' microphones are generally muted, so they're not too disruptive when they do whine for attention. :P

Working from home is still going well for Johnny. One of our kitties, Angel, has been wanting to spend a lot of time with Johnny while he's working. He did figure out today that if he puts my robe that she likes to sleep on in the plastic bin where he stores all his work stuff, then she'll just curl up in there and take a nap instead of climbing all over his stuff. :P


I still haven't found any files available for work. We usually have daily emails during the week when the queue is updated with a bulk amount of files...but we haven't even been getting those emails since March 16th. That means if there are any files, they are just trickling in...and I haven't found any of them.

Thursday night we played a new game: What Do You Meme. We had a blast! We definitely want to start having more family game nights again. We have SO many board games that we haven't played in awhile. Should be fun times! :) Anything that will break up the monotony will be good.

I finally talked Johnny into cutting my hair! It had gotten SO long (it was touching my butt) and I've been wanting it cut for awhile. I was going to have my mom cut it for me...but we kept forgetting and now we're all staying home. I didn't want anything fancy...I just didn't want it getting in my way so much all the time. :P So after my shower Thursday, Johnny offered to cut it for me! He did a good job. :) He cut about 7 inches at its longest and my hair is still pretty long!

I think we've decided to hopefully replace our dining room and living room floors with our stimulus checks. With so many house guests and animals over the years, we definitely need something different. I've always had and preferred carpet floors, but I think putting a rug down in the living room will suffice...so we can put in something a little more durable. We are thinking about waterproof vinyl flooring that looks like hardwood for these two rooms. We will leave the tile that we have in the kitchen, but take out the tiled entry at the front door since they weren't put in very well at all and several of them have cracked. I found a bunch of websites that offer free samples of their flooring...so I ordered some to get an idea of what we want to go with.

So...that's about it as far as updates go. Hope everyone is staying sane and staying safe!