Monday, April 20, 2020

And I thought last week was a mess...

So...last Sunday, we ordered the new water inlet valve from Parts Dr. for our Samsung dishwasher. We paid for 2-day shipping and it was supposed to arrive by 8pm on Tuesday. However...the FedEx tracking never updated after "label created." I sent a message to Parts Dr. Tuesday afternoon to ask what was going on, but they said that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it until after it was beyond the 8pm delivery time.

So the following morning, I emailed Parts Dr. to find out what the problem was, and they tried to tell me that FedEx had lost the package...even though it never showed that FedEx even got the package. I was told that they would ship a new part overnight and I'd get an email with the tracking information...but I never got an email. So I contacted them again Wednesday evening and that's when I was told that the part was in their Dallas warehouse which was locked down. Seriously?! I understand that things are crazy around the country with all the Covid-19 stuff going on. However, they could have been straightforward from the beginning about not being able to ship the part instead of blaming FedEx for losing the package they never got. So I just asked for a full refund so we could order it somewhere else.

Luckily Appliance Parts Pros had the part for a similar price and we could get two-day shipping. I was VERY glad when the part showed up Friday as scheduled. So while Johnny was working, I replaced the water inlet valve, got it all put back together, and put it back in the cabinet. I was SO excited to finally be able to do a load of dishes in the dishwasher instead of washing them by hand. :P  I've done two more loads of dishes since that day and it's still working. :) YAY!

And this weekend we worked on some other things outside. Ashlyn cut down some of the small trees in the window well and that were growing around the bushes. Then Sunday Johnny got the lawnmower fixed and mowed part of the backyard and Ashlyn mowed the front yard. I have to find a new air filter and cover for the lawnmower though...so that's what I'm doing today. Johnny fixed a missing board on our gate but we couldn't find the latch...so we still have to do that. There are also some boards in the fence that still need to be fixed. Always something!

I made fajitas the night I got the dishwasher fixed. Johnny had been craving them. They take awhile cutting up all the chicken and vegetables but man...they taste yummy! We just use the McCormick fajita mix with chicken, onion, and bell peppers. We have a big electric skillet that I like to make them in because I use at least 10 pounds of chicken so we have plenty of leftovers. :) Of course, after I make them the house smells like fajitas for several days. That's another reason for the leftovers...smelling them in the house makes me want some more! ;)

I tried to order the flooring today. We finally decided on what we wanted and found it on sale. But then when I went to actually make the purchase...they didn't have enough in stock. :( I emailed them to see when they would have more and if they would still be on sale...we'll see what they say. Hopefully we can get it figured out and start redoing the floors soon! :)