Thursday, April 23, 2020

Busy-ness

Things are pretty busy around here. Johnny is working from home 10 hours a day. I love his customer service voice. :) He is seriously the friendliest customer service person and always wants to be helpful. The girls are still doing online schoolwork. Aubry is also working 4-5 days a week now. And I'm busy with a lot of random things around the house.

I'm trying to finish uploading all my photos to Flickr while I actually have the time to do it now since there's still no work files. I like having a copy of my photos online just in case something happens to my digital hard copies. There are a lot of different sites, but I prefer the paid option with Flickr. Well...I really liked it when they had free unlimited space, but realistically I understand why that isn't necessarily a profitable business model. I really like Flickr's "Camera Roll" organization to see all my photos by date. They used to have a calendar archive that I liked better, but this is a decent compromise. I really hope their service continues.

I also have to get the living room and dining room ready to put our new flooring down! I was able to order the amount we needed and it is in transit from California as I'm typing this! It should be here next week. I'll have to schedule the freight delivery and then I can get started laying the floor! We have some entry tiles that are basically cemented to the subfloor...except that it stuck to the floor more than the tiles. So removing the majority of the stone tiles should be easy, but I'll have to remove all that cement adhesive...and do it as quietly as possible while Johnny is answering customer service calls about 20 feet away in the bedroom. :P Then I'll have to pull up all the old carpet and tack boards. I also have a board or two that I have to nail back down or something...we have a spot that is squeaky. I'm going to try to seal the subfloor as well. I think the most challenging part of all of that is going to be figuring out where to put all the furniture while I'm putting the floor down. :P Then I have about 380 square feet of vinyl planks to install! I'm super excited!

We also need to find a few rugs to put down for the living room and the dining room. I found some on Overstock that I like. We are thinking about getting a different dining table as well. We have a really large octagon shaped, heavy wooden table and chairs. The upholstery has needed replaced on the chairs for awhile and it is just too big for the space. So we're thinking about getting a corner bench and table or a smaller rectangle table and chairs. Then we will get a few stools for the bar...we haven't had the space for them with the large table.

I'm excited about continuing to get the house the way we want it to be. :)