Wednesday, January 8, 2020

One week...

Well, we are now one week in of the new year/decade. The kids started back to school on Monday and it has been interesting, to say the least.

Monday morning I got a call from the school that Aubry was upset and ended up having a panic attack. But the experience ended up being beneficial. She was able to talk to a variety of different people who had a lot of suggestions for coping mechanisms and regulating emotions. It can be so hard sometimes being a teenager. I know it wasn't easy for me! But hopefully we can get on a more positive path and help to find ways to cope with her anxiety and everything.

Then Ashlyn threw up in the middle of class Monday afternoon and has pretty much been in bed ever since. Poor thing! She didn't get up at all Monday night. She ate a little bit of chicken noodle soup Tuesday afternoon and then had a small bowl of mashed potatoes for dinner. Then of course lots of water, 7-up, and some crackers. It seems to be lingering on...but she is starting to feel a little bit better, I think. She came upstairs last night for about half an hour to eat dinner and was wanting to take a shower...so that's progress.

I am still working and still loving my job working from home. I've strictly focused on doing law enforcement transcription. There are other transcription companies, but I only work for one at a time. Luckily there has been a pretty steady flow of work...even though it did slow down a bit throughout the holidays and into the new year. But I do love my job. :)

I got an email yesterday about a new Sims 4 stuff pack coming out. In this blog post, I talked about different ideas for Sims 4 and the very first thing on my list was a tiny homes pack. Well...they're coming out with a Tiny Living addition to the game! It's a stuff pack instead of a game pack, so it is a smaller expansion (and less expensive) that mostly just focuses on new items instead of a lot of changes to game play. But they'll have some space-saving items including Murphy beds which is great, but there was no mention of bunk beds or a way to make lofts with ladders. If it isn't part of the new stuff pack (I don't remember seeing bunk beds or ladders in the trailer), I think they really missed a good opportunity. BUT...it'll still be fun to play around with, I'm sure. One of my favorite things to do with the Sims game is build houses...so I am looking forward to the new stuff pack. :)

This evening we picked up Bandit from the pet cremation and memorial place. It's still so hard to believe he is gone. It's amazing how much pets can become part of your daily routine...and the absence of all their sounds and habits becomes a constant reminder that they're gone. He was such a good boy and we miss him like crazy.

I made chicken fajitas for dinner last night...one of my favorites! I never really ate fajitas much before Johnny and I started dating but now I love them. I really like the McCormick fajita mix...I think it made the difference in taste that appealed to me more than the fajitas that I'd previously had in restaurants. Johnny used to be the one to make the fajitas, but I took over when he started working overtime and not getting home until later in the evening. Now I'm a pro. ;) We like making enough so we have plenty of leftovers. I'd made taco meat for burritos, tacos, or taco salads for the last couple weeks in a row on Taco Tuesday so I switched it up this week for some different Mexican food. Mmmm!