Saturday, October 26, 2019

New Sims 4 Pack Ideas

I got my first computer as a high school graduation present from my grandparents. That same year was when "The Sims" was first released...and I fell in love with it. I had all the expansion packs from the first three installments of the game...most of which I got on sale after the next installment was released. Out of all of them, Sims 3 was definitely my favorite. I liked all the extras you could get from the Sims 3 store and the wide variety of custom content. I actually didn't even get Sims 4 until January 2017 (more than 2 years after it was released) because I was enjoying Sims 3 so much.

Sims 4 has been a bit different than the other three...as they have expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs. Basically the expansion packs are full of lots of new items as well as new gameplay. They really change the game entirely. Game packs are a sort of smaller expansion pack...some new stuff and just one or two gameplay changes. Then the stuff packs have only items, clothes, etc.

For my birthday, I just got the newest Sims 4 Expansion Pack: Island Living. And I just found out that they'll be releasing University next month...which I've been waiting for ever since I started playing Sims 4. So I'm super excited about that! I don't have the time to play all that often any more, but I enjoy it when I have some free time. I especially like the build aspect and recreating houses. I've remodeled our house a lot in my Sims game. ;) 

But the new Sims 4 Expansion also got me to thinking about the other packs that I'd like to see in the future. So...I've come up with a list! ;)

1. Tiny Homes Game Pack - Being able to build houses out of shipping containers, on wheels, or even in trees. Having the ability to make lofts with ladders without a full-size second-story wall. Being able to capitalize on small spaces with built-ins, pocket doors, and Murphy beds and bunk beds. It could also include new careers in architecture, construction, and/or interior design. There could be a new active career as a real estate agent. They could even include a freelancing career in flipping houses. 
They actually released a Tiny Living stuff pack in January 2020! It doesn't have everything I would've liked...but it's still pretty good. 

2. Midwest Expansion Pack - I live in the Midwest and I think there are enough "rural" things to make a complete Expansion Pack with a brand new world. One of the most obvious ideas would be the addition of farms. They could add tractors and tending crops. They could add livestock...pigs, cows, goats, chickens, even ducks. Horses would also be a nice addition. Farmer could be added as a freelance career. Something like 4-H could be an after-school activity for children and teens. And, of course, it wouldn't be the Midwest without tornadoes. There could be a focus on rebuilding after. They could also add a new career as meteorologist and/or storm chaser. They could add hobbies/skills like crafts, sewing, and/or canning. They could also have something like county fairs where people could buy/sell their goods and compete for ribbons in livestock, crafts, etc.
They released the Cottage Living Expansion Pack in July 2021 that had a more "country" feel to it and includes cows, chickens, alpacas, more gardening, and cross-stitching. 

3. Careers and Hobbies Game Pack - This would be much like the Ambitions Expansion Pack from Sims 3. It'd be nice to add firefighters and mail carriers...they could replace the NPC (non-playable characters). Having a daycare center where Sims could not only work but also drop off toddlers would be nice as well. Perhaps they could bring back the stylist career as well. I think they also need to bring back the sculpting hobby...and maybe include a pottery wheel this time. Scrapbooking would be a fun addition. I'd also like to see them add more after school activities for children and teens: art, debate, cheerleading, sports, school newspaper, etc.
They are releasing a High School expansion pack in July 2022 which includes sports and extracurricular activities for teenagers. 

4. Carnival Stuff Pack - I think this one would be a lot of fun. It could have rides like a carousel, Ferris wheel, and a roller coaster (bonus if the user can design it) then carnival games and face painting. And things like the claw machines where you try to pick up a stuffed animal or whatever...that would be an interesting addition as well.
They are releasing a High School expansion pack in July 2022 which includes a fair in the trailer. 

5. Zoo Game Pack -  I'm not sure that it will ever happen, but a zoo pack would be fantastic. Creating exhibits and even having an active career as a zookeeper would be fantastic.

6. Vehicle Stuff Pack - I'm not sure if Sims 4 will ever make an open world where Sims can actually drive between lots again, but they could still utilize vehicles in the game like it is. Adding garages and of course garage doors. Vehicles that can be repaired and restored would add to skills/hobbies. They could have an auto mechanic career and/or a car salesman career.

7. Get Married Expansion Pack - I think an expansion that focuses on relationships would be nice. More romantic encounters...even something as simple as holding hands and going on a walk would be good. Being able to plan an elaborate proposal and more wedding ring options. Lots of items and new attire for a wedding and utilize wedding planners. DJs and musicians could play at wedding events. Chefs and mixologists could cater weddings. A new career as psychologist could offer marriage counseling. They could introduce churches and preachers. Maybe there could be some honeymoon suites or something.
(They released My Wedding Stories game pack in February 2022). 

So...I guess we'll see what they come up with next!