Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Recipe: Chili!

Today was the first snow of the season and that means chili and cinnamon rolls for dinner! I love making chili because it's super easy. You just brown the hamburger and then dump everything in a pot. Everyone seems to make their chili differently, but this happens to be my favorite recipe.

Chili 

Ingredients: 
2 lbs ground beef 
2 cans chili ready diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can chili beans
1 can dark red kidney beans 
1 pkg Williams chili seasoning mix for 2lbs of meat

Directions: 
1. Brown hamburger and drain. 
2. Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot. Do not drain any of the cans. 
3. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

I like to top my chili with lots of shredded extra sharp cheddar and fritos or my new favorite: cornbread. It's DELICIOUS. Most of the time when I make chili, I double the recipe so we can have leftovers. Then I freeze the rest once we're tired of leftovers. ;) You can also substitute ground turkey for ground beef. You can't tell the difference at all...especially if you let it simmer for quite awhile. I also make a pan of cinnamon rolls to go with it...just like we used to have in school. :)