Saturday, January 25, 2020

Recipe: Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie

This is one of my favorite recipes...but Johnny and the girls are not a fan because somehow I gave birth to two children who don't like cornbread and...well Johnny is just weird. ;) So when I make this recipe, I get a set of two refrigerated pie crusts and make a regular chicken pot pie as well. :P

Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie 
Ingredients:
1lbs cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup 
1 can green beans
1 can diced peas and carrots 
1 can whole kernel corn
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
1 cup milk, divided
2 pkgs Jiffy corn muffin mix 
2 large eggs

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 425. 
Combine the chicken, soups, vegetables and 1/3 cup of milk in a 9x13 pan. 
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, 2/3 cup milk, and corn muffin mix. 
Pour cornbread on top of chicken mixture and smooth out to the edges of the pan. Be careful not to mix the cornbread and filling together. 
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cornbread is done. 

When I make both the 9x13 pan with cornbread and the regular pie pan, I just add another chicken breast, an additional can of each soup, and an extra can of green beans (because they're Johnny's favorite). I mix it all into a bowl and then just fill the pie plate first before dumping the rest into the 9x13 pan.