Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Last day of September?!

 I just can't believe how fast this year is going by! 

We celebrated Ashlyn's SIXTEENTH birthday at home with ice cream cake. We'd planned to have dinner with my mom and grandparents' the weekend before, but Ashlyn had gone to the park with some friends and did not social distance at all, so we postponed it for this weekend. 


Johnny also brought home some beautiful fall flowers for me last week. I love the way he is always thinking of me and will pick up little things for me while he is out running errands...just to say he loves me. :) I'm a very lucky girl!

I have a work file that I'm currently trying to finish...partly just to get it out of the way and move on to a different file. One thing that I don't particularly like about the new system is that there is far less information given about the files on the dashboard before claiming them. The files in the old queue often had enough information that you could get an idea of what kind of file it is...like if it is a jail call or audio from body-worn camera footage. Often those types of files have poor-quality audio and/or background noise which makes the file quite a bit slower to get through.

Milo woke up early wanting fed...which woke up Boz who needed to go outside. Sometimes we get that out of the way early enough that I can lay back down for a little while before I have to wake Johnny up for work...but not this morning. :P So I let Bozley out, fed the cats, and went back outside to play with Boz for a little bit. Then I came back inside and finished loading the dishwasher and started it so the dishes will be done for dinner tonight. We're having turkey chili for dinner...which is made the exact same way that I make chili already except with ground turkey instead of ground beef. It tastes similar enough that if someone didn't already know, they wouldn't realize it was turkey instead of hamburger. 

After I made coffee and woke Johnny up for the day, I started making some Banana Cake Bread since we had some leftover bananas that were overly ripe. Aubry was super excited when I mentioned it. She said, "Oooh! The kind with brown sugar on top?!" :) After she woke up this morning, she said, "I knew something smelled good!" 

Bozley is needing another bath. I've contemplated taking him to the groomer because I want to get him used to going so that he doesn't freak out when he's older. He really just needs a bath and to have the hair on his paws trimmed right now. He's starting to get his feathery hair on the back of his front legs, his neck, and the top of his ears...but it'll still be awhile before his full coat comes in when he'll eventually need a full-on haircut. Our last dog, Bandit, absolutely hated being groomed. I try to comb Boz pretty often and keep his nails trimmed so that hopefully he doesn't mind having it done as he gets bigger and it would become more difficult. We haven't actually taken any of our other pets to the groomer, so I will have to find one in the area that is recommended. And next week I'll take Bozley in for his last round of puppy shots at the vet! He just needs his last Lepto, Parvo, and then the Rabies vaccination...then we'll be done until next summer. :)   

Well...back to work!