Monday, March 23, 2020

Working from home: Day 1

So far, I'm really loving the fact that Johnny is working from home now. The most obvious reason is that now I don't have to worry so much about his possible exposure since he does have respiratory issues and a chronic health condition. But also...the convenience factor is awesome.

He didn't sleep very well last night because we have a certain neighbor who likes to sit out in their car all damn night to listen to music. But I think there was less pressure for Johnny since he didn't have to wake up earlier to get dressed and ready for work and then drive over there. I made his coffee and he was able to relax a little bit and then just start working.

And with Johnny's first day of working from home, apparently I got a new job as his personal IT person. ;) I got him a new keyboard and mouse so he would have a larger keyboard and wouldn't have to use the touchpad on the laptop. I also picked up a 25' HDMI cable so he can use the TV in the bedroom as a second monitor.

And while I was out early this morning, I was also able to pick up a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, some ground beef, and 2 packages of stew meat...which were the things I wasn't able to get with my last Walmart Grocery pick-up order. So tonight I made some vegetable beef soup for dinner. Luckily cooking it in the pressure cooker doesn't take as long so we didn't have to be tortured by the yummy smell all day. ;) It is probably my absolute favorite thing to make in the pressure cooker.

And since I was able to grab milk, bread, and some hamburger while I was out, I shouldn't have to get back out again for at least another week or so. I'll probably make another Walmart Grocery pick-up order in the next week or two for our staple items. It'll probably be whenever we're about to run out of milk.

Johnny's first day working from home went really well...all 11 hours of it! The girls were able to keep the puppies quiet throughout the day. Our little girl kitty, Angel, was kind of a pain though. She likes to be right up in everyone's business...especially while you're working on the computer. So instead of bugging me like she usually does, she was bugging Johnny. :P Eventually she settled down and fell asleep in my planner cart in the bedroom. I liked being able to spend Johnny's breaks and lunch with him. We also didn't have to wait for him to get home after work, so that was nice! The girls ate dinner and then when Johnny was done working at 9pm, we could relax and eat dinner, too.

I could definitely get used to Johnny working from home on a permanent basis. :)