Thursday, March 3, 2022

Where have I been?!

I only made one post in all of February? Now it's already March! I've been busy lately but not necessarily with anything exciting enough to write a whole blog post about. And every time I'd come to write a blog post, I'd either run out of stuff to say or get busy and forget to come back to finish it. :P 

The weather has been crazy lately. Very up and down! It would be 70 degrees one day and below 32 degrees the next. Welcome to Kansas weather! :P Twice in February we had record-breaking snowfall between 4-7 inches (I think February 2nd and February 17th). Bozley and Nova love to play in the snow. They won't necessarily stay out there a long time...but they like to go out there multiple times a day to play in it. But then every time they come back in we have to dig the snowballs out of their paws. And then when the snow melts...we have to clean the muddy mess off their paws. Not my favorite part. :P But...they have a lot of fun. They just run back and forth chasing each other, roll around, dig in the snow...they love it! 

This past weekend was pretty good. Saturday, Ashlyn and I went with my mom to the mall to pick out her junior prom dress. We went to three different stores and she found quite a few dresses...but she ended up going with the first dress she picked out. It's a really pretty emerald green dress. She's pretty excited about it. :) Then we grabbed lunch on the way back to our house and chatted for awhile. Sunday Johnny and I took the dogs over to my grandma's house and helped her with a few things. She loves having us over to visit and she really likes watching the dogs play. She has a fenced-in backyard so Boz and Nova are free to explore. So they really enjoy it too. :) Then I came home and made my version of Chicken Milanese in the air fryer. And then the next night Johnny wanted Goulash. I love when he picks dinner so I don't have to think about it...especially when it's something easy to make and there's leftovers! ;) And that recipe makes quite a lot so I actually froze half of it and I'll make the other half in a month or so when we feel like having it again. I haven't made any new recipes lately...another reason for the lack of new blog posts. BUT...tonight I plan to make meatloaf in my PowerXL Grill Air Fryer Combo...so we'll see how that goes. :) I'll probably post the recipe tomorrow. (Edited to add: I forgot to take a picture so I'll have to take a picture tomorrow when we have leftovers and I'll post that with the recipe). 

I've been busy working on my Etsy shop and creating more digital designs. I surpassed 50 designs not too long ago! I've also made several more sales. So far, I've already made more sales this year than all of last year...which is pretty good considering I've done zero paid advertising and no real promotion other than occasionally posting on my Facebook page that I've posted new designs on my Etsy shop when I think about it. I don't plan to do much paid advertising until I have at least 100 designs and hopefully a complete set of seasons/holidays to choose from. 

In somewhat-related news, there's currently a small shop owner who is maliciously attacking other small shops based on false pretenses. She is filing false DMCA copyright infringement notices in bad faith arguing that she owns a phrase. For one, you can't copyright a phrase. For two, she doesn't own a trademark for the phrase. She hasn't even applied for one. She just knows that if she files a copyright infringement that Etsy will take the listing down. She is doing this for any listing using a certain phrase for Easter designs. It's pretty ridiculous. Talk about drama!

But in other news... I was finally able to get some transcription work done. On that note...I want to get a few more CandiMaker things done tonight before I get started working on my transcription file so I better get back to work. :)