Thursday13: A list of thirteen random things with or without a theme.
Back in 2009, I started an alphabet theme for my weekly post. Since I've been having a hard time coming up with a theme lately, I thought I'd revive the A-Z Thusrday13. Today, we're focusing on the letter A!
1. AGE - At the moment, I am 36 years old. It seems pretty crazy that I'll be 40 in a few short years. Interesting tidbit: I am now the age that Johnny was when we met 13 years ago. ;)
2. A NAMES - Interestingly enough, all of our kids' names start with the letter A: Aubry, Ashlyn, Andrew, and Ashlyn (yes, his youngest child's name is the same as my youngest child's name). ALSO, all four kids have 13 letters in the first and middle names...which I didn't even notice until Johnny pointed it out about his kids and I was like...woah! Aubry and Ashlyn do, too! Seriously...what are the odds of that happening?!
3. ART - I have always loved graphic arts...especially drawing and painting. I took a ceramics class and three oil painting classes while I was at WSU and I loved them...just because I had the space and opportunity to devote some time to art. One of these days, I want to set up a space at home that is convenient for oil painting.
4. ACADEMIA - I love to learn. If it was possible to be a professional student...I totally would. I got my AA in Psychology and my BGS in Criminal Justice, Psychology, and Sociology. If the thought of student loans didn't terrify me, I would go back to get my Masters and Doctorate in Forensic Psychology. Is it sad that if I won the lottery, that's something I'd want to spend it on? lol :P
5. AUTUMN - By far my favorite season. I love the weather, the colors, the smells, the newness of “back to school” each year...I love it all!
6. ADAPTABLE - I've become someone who is pretty good at adapting to whatever situation I'm in. Change used to really bother me...but I tend to roll with the punches more as I get older.
7. ADDRESSES - I've had 10 different addresses since I turned 18 years old. They're in three different towns and all in the same state. I've lived in 1 trailer, 4 apartments, and 5 houses.
8. ANALYTICAL - I'm constantly analyzing things in my mind...picking them apart, looking at the details, finding things that don't make sense, etc. It's just how my mind naturally works.
9. ATTORNEY - One of the things I wanted to be when I grew up was an attorney. However, while I totally rock at preparing legal documents, I really don't like public speaking...so I think paralegal would be more fitting for me. :P
10. ANNOYANCES - I have so many pet peeves...and the majority of them have to do with noise. I don't like loud noises. I don't like sound effects on phones (mine is almost always on vibrate). I don't like being around people talking on speakerphone. I don't like the dogs barking. I prefer "indoor voices" in the house and all rough-housing to be outside. It drives me crazy when people don't put on their seatbelt and the car dings until they put it on. Yeah...and those are just the noise-related things that annoy me! There are just so many things... :P
11. AMERICAN EAGLE - A lot of my clothes are from American Eagle. I love when they have good sales. My favorite clothes to buy there are guys hoodies...they're comfy!
12. ACCOUNTING - I probably would've been a good accountant...it's one of the few "math" subjects I'm good at. :P I took two full years of Accounting in high school, have filed my own taxes since I was 16 (and started out doing it on paper because that was before things like TurboTax!), and have experience with Accounts Payable/Receivable and assisting with Payroll.
13. APOCALYPTIC - I like to read and watch shows which have a plot that revolve around an "apocalypse" event.