Saturday, November 6, 2021

Turning into cooler weather!

I love fall. I love the colors and the cooler weather. I like it when you can just wear a sweatshirt and still be comfortable. There have been several days when it was a little too cold for just a sweatshirt though. :( I'm really not a fan of winter and fall never seems to last long enough. 

I've been really busy with CandiMaker stuff. I worked on my invoice/order form for my end-product sales and I like how they turned out. I use Excel spreadsheets for everything like that. You can add graphics and change the fonts to make it look nice...but you can also use formulas in the spreadsheet to automatically add up totals, shipping, tax, etc. I have SO many spreadsheets for so many things. Eventually I plan to offer some for sale in my Etsy shop too. :) 

Last weekend Johnny and Ashlyn did a little shopping. I had a pair of jeans that needed to be returned to Kohls for a difference size and Johnny exchanged them for me. :) Then he and Ashlyn looked at some shirts on clearance and found a few that she liked. I always like Kohls clearance. Some of the shirts she got were less than $2! Johnny also found some slippers to replace the ones that had worn out. We love our PJ pants and slippers around here! :) She also tried on a lot of dresses and skirts that she wasn't going to get. :P They have fun shopping around though. Saturday my mom and sister stopped by after they were done running some errands. They tried the cake Johnny made for my birthday and chatted for a little while. So that was a nice visit. :) 

We didn't have any plans for Halloween. Since the kids have gotten older, they make their own plans now. Well...Ashlyn is grounded so she didn't have any plans. :P Aubry was hanging out with a friend of hers that lives near us. She stopped by for a little bit to hang out. Then that evening Johnny, Ashlyn and I met my mom over at my grandparents' house to play the Pegs and Jokers game that my grandpa made. I was dead last the first round but then I came in first during the second round and Johnny came in second! He has only played a couple of times so he's definitely getting the hang of it now! :) We had a lot of fun playing and joking around with everyone. My mom goes over there every Sunday for dinner and to play games. I think we'll have to start making it more of a regular thing for all of us to go over there. :) I think next time that there's an even number of us we're going to play in teams. Since Johnny is getting the hang of it now, we can add another level. ;) 

Tomorrow I plan to clean house and get some laundry done. You know...all the boring stuff. :P We have my grandparents' anniversary party to go to in the afternoon. They've been together for 40 years (it's the second marriage for both of them)! I was two weeks old when they were married. I hope Johnny and I will be able to celebrate 40 years of marriage! We'd have to make it to 2057...so Johnny better live past 89 years old and I'll have to make it to almost 76. Man...that seems so far away! But next year Johnny and I will celebrate 5 years of marriage (and 10 years back together). This is the longest relationship either one of us have had. Johnny was in a relationship with his first wife for 8.5 years, another relationship off and on for 9 years, and then he was with his second wife for about 3.5 years. My relationships before have lasted 3 years, 5 years, and 6 years...so this relationship is by far my longest. And it has definitely been the best relationship I've ever had. :) So...here's to working toward 40 years! :)