Tuesday, October 26, 2021

FORTY?!

Yep. I'm officially 40 years old now! Honestly I'm not that upset about it. I had kids relatively young. One has graduated high school already and the other will graduate in about a year and a half. I've also been a grandma basically since Johnny and I got back together. The first night we spent together was the night his daughter had her first child...and there have been seven more grandkids since then. And even though Johnny had already turned 40 before we even got back together...I'm the more mature and responsible one. ;) LOL. He's more the playful and spontaneous one and I'm the boring one who makes sure the bills get paid and things get done on time. ;) So we balance each other well. I've also had health issues for many, many years that always made me feel old anyway. :P 

But I had a really good birthday! We went miniature golfing and had dinner here at our house on October 10th. And then on my birthday, my mom and grandma took me shopping in town for the day. We walked around the mall for a little bit. I got four pairs of shoes: a really soft pair of BOBS slippers with adorable black cat faces on them, black Roxy slip-on sneakers, white Skechers slip-on sneakers that were on clearance, and a grey/blue pair of Asics running shoes that I definitely will not be using for running. ;) We also stopped by Michaels for some things I've been wanting...including some hanging vinyl storage so I can see all the colors that I have and a knife blade for my Cricut Maker with some chipboard to try my hand at making Christmas ornaments. :) 

And then my amazing husband made a strawberry chantilly cake from scratch! It tastes AMAZING. It's also the first time someone other than my grandma has baked me a cake so that makes it even more special. :) 


I'm definitely a lucky girl who has some pretty awesome people in my life. <3