Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Almost the end of May?!

I tell ya...the years just seem to go by so fast. I'm pretty sure I say that a lot...but it's just so crazy to me how fast my kids have grown. Aubry has been a legal adult for almost a year. We got Ashlyn's class ring this year and she will be a junior in high school next year. And then just another short year after that she'll be graduating high school. WHAT?! So crazy! 

It feels like this school year just started...and now it's over. Ashlyn had a great first semester with remote learning...but the second semester was...not so much. One required class she'll have to retake next semester...but the other class was just an elective. When she doesn't keep her grades up, she ends up without wi-fi and the data to her phone turned off. So...she wasn't online much this semester. :P She tends to be a bit too focused on the social aspect of school and struggles with time management...but hopefully next year will go more smoothly. 

Aubry has been stopping by about once a week or so to hang out for a bit. I got her started watching Dawson's Creek on Hulu. ;) She found out that Jenson Ackles is in it (in season 6) so she and I have been watching an episode or two (starting from the beginning) while she's here. I'm pretty sure Ashlyn has already watched the series herself. It was filmed when I was in high school...so it's neat to kinda share with them what the clothes and music and everything was like back then. Hard to believe that was over 20 years ago! 

I've been working on some files for work. In between, I've also been working on creating my own planner! Quite a few years ago (like in 2013 or something) I'd created a planner and it worked pretty well for me at the time. But then I started seeing other planners and decided to give them a try. In 2016, I switched over to Happy Planner and have been using them since. But there's not really a planner out there that checks ALL the boxes as far as what I'm looking for. I really need something more functional for work to stay organized. I still really like the overall look of my Happy Planner with the disc-bound system, so I'm kind of starting there. I've always had the classic size, but since I'm going to be printing it myself, I don't want to have to worry about cutting down the pages. So I'll just be using letter-size pages. It'll also give me more room to work with so I can include everything I want and have enough room for everything I need for work. But since I have all the classic size stickers, I'm making it so they will all still fit more seamlessly than in a normal "Big" Happy Planner. So I'm pretty excited about that. 

We're still working on getting the living room and kitchen put back together and organized the way we want...but we've finished up the dining room and I'm loving it so much! I absolutely love how the green paint looks and the little accents we added like the wine rack and then switching to an actual 3-tier fruit bowl on the kitchen counter and going back to using the bowl on the table as the decorative bowl it was actually intended to be (it came with rocks and floating candles if you fill it with water). I found some pretty rocks to put in there and some artificial succulents (since the cats would eat any real plants we have). I'm very pleased with how the dining room looks now. :)