Wednesday, April 28, 2021

RECIPE: Chili Cheese Soup

Every time I make Mexican Cheese Soup Johnny calls it cheese dip...because it's so much like the dip that has Velveeta, Ro-Tel, and ground beef. So even though the dip is thicker...he still makes the joke every time. But last time I made it, Johnny thought a chili variation might be tasty...so I told him I'd come up with something. :) So tonight...I made Chili Cheese Soup. :) It was really yummy! 

Chili Cheese Soup

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 lbs ground beef 
16 oz Velveeta
1 can chili ready diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans (pinto)
1 can chili beans (dark red kidney) 
1 can peas (I would've chosen corn, but Johnny wanted peas) 

Directions: 
1. Brown hamburger and drain. Add to slow cooker. 
2. Cut Velveeta into cubes. Add to slow cooker. 
3. Combine the remaining ingredients in the slower cooker. Do not drain any of the cans! This is what makes it a soup. 
4. Heat on low, stirring occasionally until all the Velveeta has melted. 
5. Serve with your choice of topping: Fritos, cornbread, crackers, etc.