Saturday, April 24, 2021

So much going on!

Things have been pretty busy lately!

We got the first dose of our Covid vaccines last weekend. We made appointments at Dillons, waited for less than 10 minutes, all went back to the room together, got the Pfizer vaccine, then waited 15 minutes to make sure we didn't have an allergic reaction. All I had was a sore arm for a couple days. That first night my elbow was also hurting and I finally grabbed an ice pack at bedtime because I couldn't get comfortable to sleep. The next day my arm still hurt a bit to lift it but it was gone the next day. I had the same issue with the tetanus shot, though, so I wasn't surprised. Ashlyn was the same way...and I think Aubry's arm was sore but not too bad. When I scheduled the appointments online, we were able to schedule both the first and second dose, so that appointment is in a couple weeks. 

Despite being vaccinated...I'll still continue a lot of the same things that have become our new normal. For example, Walmart delivery for grocery shopping! I started out using their grocery pick up service at the beginning of the pandemic. Then not too long ago I tried out their delivery since the fee was waived for the first three orders. I have taken full advantage of not needing to leave the house for groceries now! I also used my last paycheck to get Walmart+ mainly for the free delivery and no $35 minimum order...plus I can get my order within 2 hours if I need to. I am loving it! And...if I order produce or other food items that aren't good quality, then it's easy to "start a return" and they just refund the price paid back to your card. One time I actually got someone else's order instead of mine...and when I called, they said that my order was already being prepared again and would be delivered within the hour...and I could just keep the order that was delivered by mistake. Not that I needed a breast pump and baby formula...but I was glad that I didn't have to do anything or get out just to return it to the store.

Johnny has been working in the yard off and on. He had to replace some parts on our sprinkler system to hopefully get that working again. He also put down some grass seed and topsoil in the backyard where the bare patches were. Then it rained a bit yesterday so that was helpful! He just does what he can in between work. Since he's no longer doing pool work, he finally has the time to get some things done that he never had time for when he was working two jobs. 

We also got some new lighting! We've had these ugly brass light fixtures that were sold with the house 20 years ago and we've never actually liked them. So we found some "oil rubbed bronze" lights for the dining room, kitchen, and the light above the sink. We were looking for black but all the ones we liked were SO expensive. We got these three lights for less than the price of ONE of the other black light fixtures we liked. I can't wait to get them put up and see how it looks. :) We're going to be painting the living room, dining room, kitchen, and stairway sometime in the near future. Johnny brought home a TON of paint chip samples from his multiple trips to Lowes and I've narrowed it down quite a bit, but we still need to finalize exactly which shades we want. We've decided on an off-white and a green color...just gotta figure out which ones match everything the best. Then after we paint, we'll finally get the trim put back up (we never put it back after we replaced the flooring last year). :P 

The roofer is going to start Monday! Hopefully it won't take too long.