Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Recipe: Mexican Cheese Soup

I try to make Mexican food on Tuesdays...you know...Taco Tuesday and all. ;) Tonight I'm making taco meat for tacos, burritos, or taco salads. But I was in the mood for a favorite of mine that my mom always used to make when I was in school: Mexican Cheese Soup. The recipe originally came from my grandma. Aubry and I love it, but Johnny thinks it's too much like the "dip" he used to make so he doesn't like it on principle. LOL. And Ashlyn is just picky and doesn't like a lot of things. :P

But...if anyone else loves Velveeta cheese, a little bit of "spicy" (but not much), and soup...it's very yummy!


Mexican Cheese Soup 

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 16oz cans pinto beans
2 15oz cans Rotelle
2 16oz cans whole kernel corn
32oz Velveeta Cheese
Fritos Corn Chips 

Directions:
1. Brown hamburger. Drain. Add to crockpot.
2. Add corn, Ro-Tel, and pinto beans (do not drain! this is what makes it a soup).
3. Cube a block of Velveeta Cheese and add to crockpot.
4. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring often.
5. Serve with Fritos corn chips. 

I've recently started eating it with crumbled cornbread instead of Fritos and it's pretty yummy as well! Gives it a little bit of a different flavor if you want some mild "sweet" taste to it. :)