Sunday, August 11, 2019

Back to School!

I can't believe that school is about to start again. The summer went by so very fast. I'm ready, though. I enjoy the routine of the school year. I like having some relatively quiet time to work and just enjoy a few hours of the day without the constant bickering of teenage daughters. :P

For only the second time in their entire school careers, both girls will be in the same school. I'm still in a little bit of disbelief that I'll have a freshman and a senior this year. I still vividly remember my own high school years like it was yesterday...so it's almost alarming to realize just how long ago that was now. I mean...my 20 year high school year reunion is the same year my child graduates! How weird is that?!

But...all the craziness aside, we're pretty much ready for the first day of school except for a new book bag for Ashlyn. She wants a bigger bag to hold her new binder and all her stuff. I ordered their school supplies using Walmart Grocery so I could just pick it up in the morning before Johnny went to work. Now that the kids are in high school, they need a not less in terms of supplies. Some paper, pencils, pens, highlighters...that's about it. Aubry wanted to use the same bag and binder as last year because they worked really well. Ashlyn picked out a new binder on Amazon...so again, I didn't have to go anywhere. LOL.

Then on Saturday, we went school clothes and shoe shopping. We got all their clothes at Kohl's. I love that you can stack coupons and Kohl's cash...so we saved a lot! We also got more Kohl's cash for the purchase, so that's always nice. And then we went to Famous Footwear to get their shoes. They each got a pair of shoes on clearance and then a pair of tennis shoes. They were having their BOGO 1/2 off sale (which included clearance items) AND we got 15% off on top of that. And with their rewards program, I also ended up with $25 in rewards...which I put toward getting me and Johnny a pair of new shoes (also BOGO 1/2 price and 15% off) which we decided on as anniversary presents to each other. ;)

So...here's to a good 2019-2020 school year! :)