Friday, August 9, 2019

Work, work, work!

I've been busy with work a lot lately. I'm starting to get into the "groove" with my new job. It does feel like there's quite a bit of pressure still. A lot of it is trying to choose the right files. But...I am absolutely LOVING the actual work.

I've also decided that I will be devoting just weekdays to transcription work. I'll try to get the bulk of my work done during the day while the kids are at school and then leave the evenings for dinner and time with my family. I also want to try to make sure that I don't leave work for the weekend. That way if we have any plans over the weekend, I'll be free. But also, I want to have time on the weekends to focus on things for myself when we don't have anything else to do. I want to be able to devote some time to reading, writing, art, and other projects when we don't have anything else going on. Even time to relax and watch TV with my husband or play games or whatever...just to avoid getting burnt out.

ALSO... some exciting news!

Aubry got her first payroll job! She has worked for several years now... helping Johnny with his swimming pool service and maintenance business, babysitting, and doing yard work and helping grandparents with things around the house. But she has filled out a few applications in the last couple weeks, and she got her first interview this week. She was hired on the spot and started work the next day! She is working at a Japanese restaurant as dishwasher and frying appetizers. So far, she's really liking it. It is taking some getting used to though...as far as working seven hours on her feet. But she definitely loves that she has the opportunity for free Hibachi for dinner. ;) Her goal is to save up enough for her own car.

So it's been an exciting end to the summer here. :)