Monday, November 2, 2020

How is it already November?!

I've been so busy lately...mostly with work. I've been relying on the old system to find files lately. I just prefer the way the queue is laid out with more information about the files so I can get a better idea of what I'm going to be working on. I picked up a 63-minute file due on October 15th and it was very clear audio...which doesn't always happen. Then I happened to see two more files in the queue for the same case that were due on October 16th so I grabbed those 105 minutes. Then when I was done with those, I found another 44 minutes for the same case due on the 27th and then another 137 minutes due on the 29th. And last night I completed another 146 minutes for the same case that were due this morning. So that's almost 500 minutes of pretty good audio all for the same case...my favorite kind of work! :) I really love my job and the freedom it allows our family. I'm so happy that I found this opportunity. :) 

Since I'd been so busy with work, the girls helped out with dinner a couple times last week. Tuesday night, Aubry made chicken fajitas for the first time...and she did a great job! And Ashlyn helped by grating the cheese, shredding the lettuce, and making the guacamole. Then Wednesday night Ashlyn made cheesy chicken broccoli and rice for dinner...which is her favorite. Then Thursday I made chicken and noodles in the crockpot. Mmm! Perfect for the cold weather we've had lately. And since it just cooks in the crockpot all day...I still had plenty of time to work! :) 

I also had a birthday almost a week ago. I'm in the last year of my 30s now! It seems pretty crazy that I'll be 40 next year. Overall, my 30s have been pretty good...so hopefully the 40s will be even better! :) Johnny, Ashlyn, and I went over to my grandparents' house here in town for dinner (Aubry had to work) and we had a lovely time. It was pretty funny...the TV happened to be playing in the background and 60 Minutes came on with the election interviews. We started watching it and talking about the candidates, politics, coronavirus...just all sorts of things. I've always been a Democrat and while I was growing up, my grandpa was always a Republican. But now...we were all pretty much on the same page about everything. It feels a lot like both sides have become pretty radical as of late...while the majority of us are in the middle thinking, "What the hell is going on?!" So while there has been so much division in the current political climate...it's very refreshing to see Democrats and Republicans actually coming together. :) Grandpa asked me if I ever thought I'd be spending my birthday watching 60 Minutes and talking politics...and I can definitely say I didn't see that coming. ;) But it was really a wonderful evening and I enjoyed it tremendously.

Johnny and I also saw my other grandma this weekend. She was needing some help moving a trailer and lawnmower to her house so we got that done for her. I say we...but I mostly just stood around with Bozley and grandma while Johnny drove the trailer and backed it in where it needed to go. ;) Grandma loves to see Boz and he was such a good boy. He still won't ride in the backseat while we're in the car. :/ He only wants to ride in our lap. He did wonderful in my grandma's truck with the bench seat though! 

Johnny has also been busy working in our yard on the weekends. We have had several elm trees and mulberry trees randomly growing next to the house and our fence. They just keep growing back! But Johnny has been working hard getting them cut out at the roots and treating them at the roots so hopefully they don't keep growing back. This year we also had several pokeweeds randomly show up in the front bushes and by the lilac bush in the backyard. Those things can get HUGE! I also read that they're poisonous to the animals so I'm glad Johnny was able to get them all out. 

I still can't believe it's November already. This year has gone by so fast!