Thursday, February 13, 2020

Busy February!

February has already been so busy...and it's not even over!

Aubry has been really busy preparing for the next show at school...mostly painting backdrops. They're putting on The Addams Family this time...and in addition to stage manager, she actually has a little part in the play as well! She's going to be the monster under the bed. ;) I'm glad that she has found something she enjoys so much. We're very proud of her! 

Ashlyn has been busy trying to get all her work caught up after missing 3 weeks of school in January. Hopefully throughout the semester she can continue to get her grades up. It's definitely rough starting out a new semester by being so sick. Luckily she's feeling better! And this past weekend she actually stayed with her dad for the weekend...which hadn't happened since October. Even before that he hadn't been around much. Through all of 2019, she saw him for literally one minute in February, one day in May, one weekend in June, two weekends in July, one night in August, and one weekend in October...that was it for the entire year. Hopefully he'll step up at some point and realize what should be most important in life. They're not going to be kids forever. I just couldn't imagine not wanting to be around to raise my kids. 

Johnny had surgery to remove skin cancer on his ear on Monday, February 3rd. Then he had surgery on Friday, February 7th to remove a spot on his chest. He'll get his stitches removed on Monday. Then he won't have another surgery until March. But he also sees his hematologist tomorrow to start his phlebotomy routine again. The new year has definitely been about focusing on health so far. 

I also had surgery yesterday...oral surgery. I was feeling pretty good yesterday, but I know it'll be a lot more sore over the next few days. I really hate all things dental. :P But soon it will all be over with! It was pretty funny after surgery though. My face was numb all the way to my left ear and my left eye. I realized once we got home and I was sitting in the living room talking to my mom and Johnny that my left eye wasn't actually blinking. It was so weird! I couldn't close my eye at all! LOL. I'd never had that happen before. But I was so tired after the anesthesia and anti-nausea medicine that I took about a 3 hour nap and it was back to normal after that. :P 

With Johnny's surgeries last week and my surgery yesterday, I'd taken a break from work. But today I grabbed some more files and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. So that's my plan for the next week. And...that's about it!