Monday, June 17, 2019

Beauty and the Beast!

So...back in 1987, I was 6 years old. One of my favorite TV shows was Beauty and the Beast. I'm not talking about the children's movie, I'm talking about the series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. I totally wanted to be friends with a nice, fair, and relatively quiet-tempered lion-man (I've always been obsessed with big cats). My parents really liked the show and my dad even had a black trench coat that reminded me of Vincent's. He also had one of those door-size posters of Vincent (Catherine may have been on it as well, but I just remember Vincent).

Johnny, Ashlyn, and I had watched the 2012 Beauty and the Beast TV series (still disappointed that Vincent didn't look like a lion, lol) and it kept reminding me of the old TV show I used to love. Well...I found it! Turns out, Amazon Prime has the 1987 Beauty and the Beast included with Amazon Prime Instant Video!

I started watching it today and...wow! What a trip! It's always interesting going back and watching things that were made in such a different world of technology and style. You don't find any cell phones or modern computers or anything. Even the quality of the video itself and the special effects are a lot different than what we have today.

Aubry was upstairs when I started watching it. The kids had heard me talk about the show before. Even after watching the 2012 series, Ashlyn wasn't interested in the 1987 version at all. Aubry is loving it though! She's my "vintage" kid anyway. She loves all things that came before her time...old cars, cassette tapes, vintage phones, and even old TV shows. So now I've got her hooked!

If anyone else is feeling nostalgic, you can check it out on Amazon!