Saturday, January 1, 2022

Welcome to 2022!

I thought I'd do another "year in review" post this year like I did last year. :) 

1. What age did you turn in 2021? I turned 40 this year!  

2. What was your relationship status in 2021? We celebrated 9 years back together and 4 years of marriage.

3. Did you move in 2021? Nope! Nobody moved in or out in 2021. That's actually a first since I moved in with Johnny back in 2013. Every single year we had someone either moving in with us or moving out...but not last year! 

4. Did you purchase a new vehicle in 2021? Nope. Still have the same car we bought in January 2019. 

5. Did you add any new family members in 2021? Yes! Our second golden retriever -- 6 month old Nova Lee -- joined us in July. She has been a wonderful addition and she seamlessly blended with our family. :)  

6. Did you lose any family members in 2021? Thankfully, no.  

7. Did you have any school or work changes in 2021? I actually started my new CandiMaker business in June. I'm loving it! 

8. Did you travel anywhere in 2021? Nope. We really need a vacation! :P 

9. Did you make any big purchases in 2021? I made quite a few big purchases for my CandiMaker business: printer, heat press, Cricut, etc. 

10. What was the best gift you received in 2021? It was actually a 40th birthday shopping trip with my mom and grandma. I got some craft storage and supplies, new shoes, new jeans, new bras, and a new sweater. But mostly it was really, really nice being able to spend the day with them. :) 

11. Did you learn any new skills in 2021? Yes! Sublimation and design. I'm loving it! 

12. Did you redecorate in 2021? Ooh yes! I repainted the living room, dining room, kitchen, and the walls along the stairs. We also got new lighting for the kitchen, dining room, and the stairs. There are still some things we'd like to work on this year, too. :) 

13. Did you read any good books in 2021? I actually didn't make much time for reading this year. I spent all of my spare time working on CandiMaker stuff. But I'm hoping to set aside some time in 2022 to read through the books that I got from my grandma after she died in 2020. 

14. Did you see any good movies in 2021? I think my two favorites of all the movies we watched were Going in Style and Sweet Girl. :) Oh and we really liked Enola Holmes too!  

15. What TV shows were your favorite in 2021? We watch a lot of TV shows! I've been watching SVU for over 20 years but Organized Crime started in 2021 and we've really liked it. We're still watching NCIS and Blacklist as well. We finished Hanna...and I'm sad that they canceled it because it was really interesting. I really liked Rebel but they canceled that too. :( We've also been watching Manifest and In The Dark...I'm excited for those to come back this year too. We also finally finished the Magicians. 

16. What things did you do in 2021 that you'd never done before? Sublimation! And I opened an Etsy store that I'm actually using! :) I had an old one back in 2009...but I never really did anything with it.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of in 2021? Probably reading and writing...but there just didn't seem to be enough time for all the things I want to do and working took priority.  

18. What were you proud of in 2021? Starting a new business. :) 

19. What was the one defining moment of 2021? Probably deciding to start my own business. :)

20. How would you describe 2021 in three words? Low-Key, Productive, and Loving! 

And now for some 2022 questions... 

1. What did you NOT have in 2021 that you would like to have in 2022? Definitely a vacation! 

2. What skills do you want to learn or improve in 2021? All my arts and crafts skills. :) 

3. What do you want to do more of in 2022? Walking the dogs together, working on arts and crafts, and setting aside time for reading and writing. 

4. What do you want to buy in 2022? Most of the things I'd like to buy are all centered around CandiMaker/arts and crafts supplies. But...I may need to be purchasing a new laptop soon. I've had this one since 2013 and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. :P 

5. What is your number one goal for 2022? Be even more creative. And maybe more active. ;)