Sunday, January 23, 2022

The weekend is almost over?!

I'm sad that the weekend is almost over. Johnny declined overtime today so I slept in a little bit and then had a fairly relaxing day. I did get a little bit done here and there but I've just kinda been in a funk. I think it's the prednisone. I've been on it several times in the past but it's been awhile and I always forget how it makes me feel until I take it again. The first couple days on the high dose I have a lot of energy which makes it hard to sleep. But it does increase my heartrate quite a bit which I notice a lot in the evenings...which also makes it hard to sleep. I just feel kinda jittery and lightheaded. I noticed it more today so that's probably why I wasn't really in the mood to do much. I cleaned up a little bit in the office and worked on organizing my new graphics into folders but that's about it. And Johnny replaced some of the weather-stripping on our front door. It's been needing it for awhile so I'm glad we got that out of the way.

Tomorrow I want to start going through the bags of old clothes we have and sort them into plastic bins that I got for Christmas so we can put them out in the garage to get them out of the way until we (hopefully) have our garage sale in May-ish when they have the citywide garage sales around here. We had a huge multi-family garage sale with my mom, sister, Johnny's mom, and my stepdaughter in 2014 but we haven't had one since. We keep adding to our piles of "garage sale stuff" and our basement is a complete disaster with everything that we plan to get rid of just kinda strewn about down there. I literally have to climb over stuff to get from one end of the basement to the other. :P And a lot of that is just bags of clothes that the girls have piled down there as they go through their stuff. 

I need to go through my closet too and pack up all the clothes that I've outgrown. It's so weird...because I'd basically been wearing the same clothes that I'd had since high school 20 years ago because I was the same size from the age of 14 on. It was super convenient, of course, because I rarely needed to buy new clothes...I would wear them until they literally wore out. I never fluctuated outside of the 95-105lbs range (except while pregnant) until I was about 33 years old and I had to start taking a new medication for migraines. It caused a whole lot of issues...but it definitely controlled my hemiplegic migraines (basically a migraine that causes one side of your body to be temporarily weak, numb, and/or paralyzed). I used to get them more frequently, but I've only had two since I started taking the medication in 2013. And I'm sure getting older hasn't helped, either. I told Johnny the other day that we should have a funeral for my metabolism. LOL. 

We also got our new air purifiers set up. Johnny has been talking about wanting one for awhile now. We received money from my grandparents in addition to our Christmas presents so we spent quite a bit of time researching them and I was really sold on the Winix HR900. Originally we were going to get one for the bedroom first and then see how it works but the HR900 seemed too big for the bedroom and we thought it would be even more beneficial in the living room...especially since it was rated for a much larger room than our bedroom. We ordered the HR900 on Amazon and got it all set up. We were really impressed with it. So then we decided to go ahead and get one of the smaller Winix models for the bedroom. We went with the Winix A231 and we've been happy with it as well. The HR900 is super quiet so we don't have any problem hearing the TV or anything. The A231 runs just a bit louder...but that works out because I really need white noise to sleep and it's perfect for that. One thing I've noticed is that every time we'd open the front door and the sun would shine through and show all the dust and dog hair and whatever else was floating around...but now you can't see much at all. We usually just keep them on the auto setting. There's a light on each of them that show the air quality as either blue (good), yellow (fair), and red (poor)...and the fan speeds up more for each one until it goes back to blue. The HR900 actually has five stages of filtration. The "Ultimate Pet" pre-filters need to be changed at least once a month...but it's only like $20 for 12 of them. Then it has a fine mesh pre-filter that is washable and doesn't have to be replaced. Then the carbon filter is also washable but need to be replaced about once a year as does the True HEPA filter. They're sold as a set for about $60. The unit alerts you when the filters need to be replaced.I'm sure the more they have to filter out of the air, the more frequently you have to change them. So we'll see how long they last. Oh and both models have "Plasmawave" setting but we don't really use that. The A231 is round and has 4 stages of filtration (it just doesn't' have the Ultimate Pet pre-filter like the HR900). So far I'm pleased with our purchases. :) (Disclaimer: this was not a compensated review...we purchased these items). 

And now I'm gonna get back to organizing my graphics while I'm still awake. :)