Thursday, August 1, 2024

August Already?!

It's hard to believe that it's already August! Of course...the weather is definitely giving August vibes. I'm so tired of this heat. A short thunderstorm came through last night and it felt nice and cool for a short time...but it's hot and humid again today. UGH. 

I started my morning with updating my spreadsheets for the month of July. It was a very good month for CandiMaker. :) I broke my record for the number of orders in one week. My previous record was 34...my new record is 36 for the week of July 14-20. I also broke my record for monthly orders. In June 2024 I had 97 orders...in July 2024 I had 137 orders! I also hit my goal of 1000 sales in my CandiMakerStickers Etsy shop on 7/16/24 (and then I hit 1050 on 7/26/24). I'd set my new goal of 1500 sales by the end of the year...but I think that's going to be my "safe" goal...I'd really like to actually hit 2000 sales by the end of the year. :) So we'll see if I can do it! 

I've been pretty busy working on making changes in my shop. My mom has been coming out and helping me with taking new product photos. I have new backgrounds and it went so much more smoothly with mom pulling the stickers out of my binder and putting them back. I bought a wooden 3-d watermark and logo ruler that I'm using in my photos...I really like it. :) We got most of the photos taken, now I'm editing them. I finally got Paintshop Pro put on my new laptop so I'm correcting the perspective and cropping the photos and getting the listing photos laid out so they're ready to upload. I'll probably update my shop by section when they're ready. I don't know...haven't quite decided yet. It's a big undertaking, that's for sure. I think I'm really going to like the new "feel" to my shop when it's all done...it's just getting to that point. 

So...back to work!