Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving snuck up on me this year. About a week before, I was like...oh crap, I need to get groceries! I made a ton of food for Thanksgiving again...which means now I have a lot of dishes to do. :P 

This year I got two 3lb boneless turkey breasts to cook in the pressure cooker. The last 3 years I got a bone-in turkey breast but it's always extra work to cut it all off the bone...so it went a little quicker this year. ;) I love using the pressure cooker... tender and juicy turkey in less than an hour. Then we had gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, Reames noodles, green bean casserole, cornbread casserole, candied yams, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, banana bread, and then the only new thing I made this year was cinnamon and sugar pumpkin bread which was super yummy. All that food...just for me, Johnny, and Aubry (Ashlyn went to have Thanksgiving with her dad). We always make a lot of food for Thanksgiving though...which I love because it means I don't have to decide what to make for dinner for a few more days since we have plenty of leftovers. ;) 


The dogs enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinner too. ;) We added some pumpkin puree and a little bit of plain macaroni noodles to their dog food. They LOVE noodles. Well...Nova loves all food but Bozley is very fickle. He can like something one day and then want nothing to do with it the next. Even people food. Like cheese? What dog doesn't like cheese? Bozley about 95% of the time. :P But he ALWAYS loves pasta. They like turkey too, but I didn't leave any unseasoned for them so they didn't get any this time. 

Aubry had gone to the store the other day with a friend of hers and bought two card games: Cards Against Humanity and What Do You Meme Family Edition. After we ate our Thanksgiving dinner, we played What Do You Meme for about 20 rounds or so and then we spent a couple hours playing Cards Against Humanity. It. Was. HILARIOUS. The funniest part is that Johnny would be reading through his cards and just start giggling...which made Aubry and I laugh and the more he read his cards, the more he would laugh. There were multiple times he was literally laughing so hard that he was crying. I laughed so hard it gave me a headache...which I didn't even know was actually a thing. lol. It was the three of us and "Rando" (random card from the pile each round) and we played 75 rounds. I got a lot of crap cards (I even traded in one of my cards to get almost an entirely new hand) but I did manage to win about 15 times. Rando beat me with 17 cards. :P Then I think Aubry had 19 cards in the end and Johnny had 24. It was a lot of fun. 

Johnny has to work tomorrow. :( Aubry has a long 4-day weekend, though, so she's pretty happy about that...especially since she's been working some 10-hour days and a few 12-hour days here and there. We don't really have anything planned for the weekend...just relaxing around the house. Saturday it's supposed to snow...so I'm definitely not going to be leaving the house if I don't have to. :P I'll probably just work this weekend and enjoy all the leftovers. :) Oh and I got three Sims 4 expansion packs during their Black Friday sale for an early Christmas present so that's always fun. :) 

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!