Friday, December 1, 2023

RECIPE: Ginger Molasses Cookies

Ever since finishing the pumpkin bread I made for Thanksgiving, I've been craving something sweet. I had some molasses left after making the pumpkin bread, so I decided I'd make some ginger molasses cookies with it. I don't think I've had molasses cookies since I was little! I kinda just threw this recipe together, but they turned out really yummy. They're solid on the outside and soft on the inside with a wonderful "fall" flavor. Aubry said she liked these cookies even better than my chocolate chip cookies. :) 

Ginger Molasses Cookies 
Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening 
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar + 1/3 cup for rolling
2 tsp vanilla 
1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon 
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Mix eggs, butter, shortening, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and molasses. 
In a separate bowl, whisk together salt, flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. 
Gradually add flour mixture 1 cup at a time and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour. 
Remove dough and roll about 1 tbs of dough into a ball then roll it in the sugar and set on the baking sheet. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to sit on the pan to continue cooking for at least 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.