Friday, November 3, 2023

Online Labels Review

I'm so disappointed. Now that I have my new printer, I can print larger. Circut now has print then cut capability for 11x17 pages so I was excited about making larger sticker sheets (there's a full-page hack but it's time-consuming and with tiny stickers there's less margin for error). Ever since, I've been looking for some sticker paper or printable vinyl sticker paper that is 11x17 in size. All I found were between $1 and $2 per page. My current matte waterproof vinyl is less than 25 cents per page...so paying at least 4 times the price for only double the space...it's not a very economical option. So I was thrilled when I found 11x17 sticker paper from Online Labels. I'd seen people talking about OL forever and liking their sticker paper (although usually it's about their weatherproof paper) so I had high hopes. I bought a package of 100 pages of the 11x17 paper and was excited to try it out. And...now I'm returning it. :P 

After printing and cutting 12 pages...they're all going in the trash. My Cricut keeps wanting to kiss-cut the pages too deep (I have it on the lowest pressure setting possible)...so I already have to mess around with the blade and the depth (raising the housing before I clamp it down) for my sticker sheets. But regardless of the cut, the pages curl horribly when I remove them from the light-grip mat. The brand of matte waterproof vinyl that I currently use for my sticker sheets don't do that on the same mat...so I know it's not the mat. I'm just so disappointed. :( 

I also realized that their "no-hassle guarantee" policy for returns is completely different than their actual policy for returns. The no-hassle guarantee says, "If you're not completely satisfied with your order or the product differs from what you need, you can return the item to us within 60 days for a full refund." However, if you go into your order and start a return...it isn't a full refund if you're not returning a full, unused package. How would someone know if they're not satisfied if they haven't used the product? When I went through my account to start a return, it wanted to deduct the number of pages I'd used. And I was well within the "60 days" as I ordered it on the 15th and it was delivered on the 19th. Then when I went to their return policy under their FAQ, it says, "Ask our customer service representatives about our convenient return option. With this type of return, we'll send you a prepaid return shipping label. When we process your refund, you will receive your money back minus the cost of shipping." Again, that's not the FULL REFUND described in the "no-hassle guarantee." 

So...they gave me a return label and I'm returning the paper in the same product packaging AND box that it was sent to me in. The customer service rep in chat said that I'd be getting a full refund...but the email with the return mailing label stated the refund amount did not include the original price of shipping. 

It's totally fine for companies to have a return policy that doesn't include refunding of the shipping price or that the customer has to pay for their own shipping label to return. However, it's NOT okay for a company to say they have a FULL refund if it's not actually a FULL refund. And considering I had to go back and forth with the representative on chat in order to get the "one-time courtesy" of a full refund...it's definitely NOT a "no-hassle" moneyback guarantee. On their website they talk about their no-hassle moneyback guarantee that's supposed to be more convenient and instill buyer confidence...but then their actual return policy is the same as everyone else's. So honestly, I'm not sure that I'll ever order anything from their website again based on that fact alone. I don't appreciate misleading information. 

This is why I shop on Amazon...which truly has no hassle returns. I don't have to find a box for the item at all...I just use the barcode that Amazon gives me and show it at either the UPS store or Kohls (depending on which one I choose) and then that's it. I'm usually refunded to my Amazon account within a few hours of that barcode being scanned...and then I turn around and buy something else from Amazon. I feel comfortable buying things on Amazon because I know that 99.9% of the time I'm going to have an easy solution to any problem I might have.