Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Father's Day Weekend!

We mostly just relaxed for Father's Day weekend. It was also a three-day weekend (yesterday was Juneteenth). We mostly just relaxed all weekend. Friday night I made creamy chicken enchiladas and we watched Where the Crawdads Sing which Aubry recommended to us quite awhile ago. It was a really good movie. This weekend we also watched Mindcage which was pretty interesting. It has John Malcovich in it and we're big fans of his work. Oh and we watched Gifted which was a really sweet movie. 

Saturday Aubry went out to my mom's house to give my dad his father's day gift. She got him a cool mug and his favorite peanut M&Ms. I also had her take some "dad" and "papa" stickers that I made since she was already going out there. She'd already given Johnny his father's day gifts... a travel coffee cup that says "Best Dad Ever" and then a leather coaster thing that says "Best Dad in the Whole Wide House" lol. Johnny is definitely the best dad I could've ever hoped to have for my kids. And they definitely like him...especially because he has usually been the good cop to my bad cop. ;) 

Aubry brought home a pool noodle from my mom for me because TWICE now my phone screen has broken from falling off the couch onto the legs of my laptop desk in the living room. Aubry happened to get a new sharp knife so I had her cut the pool noodle down to size and cut a slit down the side so I could wrap it around the legs. It doesn't really match our living room decor...but it's much safer for my phone. ;) LOL. And I think mom will have some black foam with sticky strips when they're done with a project at my grandma's house...so they're going to let me have any leftovers to replace the bright blue pool noodle held in place with packing tape. ;)  

Other than that, I've pretty much just been working on CandiMaker stuff. As of today, June has been my most successful month on Etsy. :) Right now I'm at 100 orders and 118 sales in my CandiMakerStickers shop. Currently, I have 170 listings in that shop and I've been regularly releasing new designs...usually a few a week. I've also maintained my Star Seller status for the next review period. So that's pretty awesome. Oh and I've been tracking my sales as far as which states I've shipped orders to...and I'm at 35 out of 51 (including DC) so far! I'm hoping to reach all 50 states plus DC by the end of the year. 

Aubry's 21st birthday is also this week! Tonight I'm making her favorite food for dinner: Crackpot Chicken. She likes a lot of the things I make...but that one is definitely her favorite. She also picked Applebees for going out to dinner with my grandparents. 

Well...that's about it for now. :)