Saturday, February 13, 2021

RECIPE: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I have been craving Reese's Peanut Butter Cups lately, and I decided I was going to make these cookies for Valentine's Day. I just changed my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe slightly because I really love that recipe. So here's what I came up with. My husband said they are dangerously yummy. :) 

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter  
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
48 unwrapped Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
Mini Muffin Tin (mine makes 24 mini muffins) & muffin liners

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Put muffin liners in mini muffin pan. 
Mix butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Sift together salt, flour, and baking soda. 
Gradually add flour mixture to batter and mix well. 
Put 1 tbs of cookie dough in each muffin liner. Press in the middle of each cookie to make a round indention. 
Bake for 8 minutes (any longer and they'll get crispy). Remove the pan from the oven and press a peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie. Let sit in the muffin pan for at least 3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack...that way they'll finish firming up a bit. The chocolate WILL be very melty, so be careful. I used a butter knife to slide the cookies out of the muffin pan enough to grab it without dumping the cookie over and getting melted chocolate everywhere. :P