Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm making chocolate chip cookies to take to my sister's house tomorrow for Thanksgiving. This is my favorite recipe! I like my cookies to be more cake-like and these taste wonderful. :) I'm also not much of a chocolate fan, so I usually make some of the cookies without chocolate chips and add sugar sprinkles on top instead. I also like to crush up candy bars like Butterfingers and add them in place of chocolate chips. You can use whatever you feel like! :)

And on a nostalgic moment... This is the first dessert I baked for Johnny back in June 2012 shortly before we got back together. I know the way to a man's heart! ;) 

Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening 
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 bag chocolate chips 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
Mix butter, shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Sift together salt, flour, and baking soda. 
Gradually add flour 1 cup at a time and mix well. 
Stir in chocolate chips. 
Drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheet. 
Bake for 8-10 minutes. They should be just starting to darken on top when you remove them from the oven. Cooking them too long will make them too crispy. 
Let the cookies sit on the pan to continue to heat for at least 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. 

20161214_013140