Sunday, January 24, 2021

What a year already...

So...Friday night at almost 10pm, Johnny hit a deer. Luckily Johnny is fine...he was just understandably shaken. The car doesn't look too bad. From what I can tell, it's mostly just the bumper, passenger headlight, and then of course the windshield will need to be replaced. And luckily the airbags didn't deploy. So we're hoping that it'll be an easy fix. I already filed the claim with the insurance company. With GEICO, they have a place where they'll do the estimate, repairs, and everything...all handled by the insurance company so we don't have to pay and then be reimbursed or anything. We just have to pay our deductible. We also can't pick up our rental until tomorrow. Since the rental company here in town deals directly with the insurance company, we shouldn't have to deal with that payment either. So that's all pretty convenient...well, as convenient as a car accident can be, I suppose. :P 


Johnny didn't work this weekend and we've just been hanging out at home. I was working on my files a lot throughout the week (lots of interruptions so it took longer)...so I was definitely ready to relax. We watched the new episode of Blacklist. I'm so glad new episodes of our shows are back. We have a couple episodes of NCIS to catch up on too. 

I'm still loving our new air fryer. I have pork chops marinating right now that I'll cook in the air fryer tonight. It's a marinade-in-a-bag that I got to try for free from Influenster. And then tomorrow I'm going to make Vegetable Beef Soup in my new 6qt Instant Pot (I've previously been using an 8qt oval pressure cooker by Cooks Essentials). I may need to adjust it slightly to fit in the smaller pressure cooker...but we'll see. 

It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow. UGH. That means a lot of letting Bozley in and out and cleaning off his paws. :P He LOVES being out in the snow. But I think after the snow melts and it's less muddy in the backyard, I'm going to make Bozley's next groomer appointment. I also need to get the cats into the vet sometime to get updated on their shots and start microchipping them. They're NOT fans of being in the car OR being at the vet though...so I've been procrastinating. :P 

Well...I suppose that's about it! I hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend!