Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Hello Tuesday!

 So...yesterday our Road Assistance service with GEICO picked up our car and towed it to the GEICO auto shop for the estimate and repairs. That process all went smoothly...and then today we got the repair estimate and it should take 1-2 weeks for them to get it fixed. However, getting our rental did NOT go as smoothly as planned. It turns out that we couldn't get the rental from the one place here in town. GEICO set up a rental with another place just outside of where we live, but when I called about picking it up, they only had a compact car available. So I had to call back this morning to find out if they had any larger cars available yet. They had a midsize Toyota Camry available...so it was at least better than the compact car. Mom and I drove out to pick it up around noon...but then there was an issue with them not accepting our debit cards (even though I'd already spoken with them about it on the phone yesterday). We FINALLY got it all figured out...and I was pleasantly surprised to get a full-size 2020 Chevy Malibu instead of the Camry (I'd requested a full-size in the first place). It's really nice! We'll likely need it longer than the 5 days scheduled, so I'll have to give them a call back later in the week. But at least we have a vehicle for now. 

The Vegetable Beef Soup in my new 6qt Instant Pot turned out really good. :) I ended up just using two cans of tomatoes and one large potato instead of four cans and two potatoes...but everything else stayed the same. I probably could've gone ahead and added the full recipe, but since it was my first time using the smaller pressure cooker, I wasn't sure if the pot would be too full. We're having leftovers tonight...but I need to figure out dinner for the rest of the week. :P 

I've been refreshing the work queue all day since getting back from the car rental place. There weren't any files available each time I looked...so that's a bummer. It'll be nice once the courts are fully open and there is an abundance of work again. Right before the pandemic hit, I had 400 minutes in one week. Now, I'm lucky if I get 30-60 minutes. :( 

It didn't snow like they were predicting, so that's good! It is super cold though and it rained Sunday night into yesterday...so it's been muddy outside. :P Luckily since it didn't snow, Boz wasn't bugging me to go outside every few minutes. And until it got dark out, we took him out front more often since there's not as much mud out there. But before we did that...he got SUPER muddy in the backyard and ended up getting a quick bath. :P 

Well...that's about it!