Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Recipe: BBQ Pork Chops

I have been super busy lately and my allergies have been HORRIBLE for the last two weeks. With all the Benadryl I've taken for the allergies, I'm just SO TIRED. I ended up falling asleep earlier so I was late getting around to making dinner. It was definitely a pressure cooker night! Trying to figure out what to make...my options were frozen chicken and frozen pork chops. We haven't had pork chops in awhile...so that's what I went with. :) I served these with candied carrots and mac & cheese.

Pressure Cooker BBQ (frozen) Pork Chops 
Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops
2/3 cup Dr. Pepper (or pop/soda of your choice) 
1 tbs butter 
3 tbs brown sugar 
1/2 tsp dried, minced onion 
1/4 tsp garlic salt 
1/4 tsp paprika 
2 tbs liquid smoke 
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce 

Directions: 
1. Pour Dr Pepper into pressure cooker.  
2. Place frozen pork chops in pressure cooker. 
3. Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. 
4. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then release remaining pressure. 
5. Remove pork chops from pressure cooker and set aside. Drain the liquid in the pressure cooker. 
6. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, minced onion, garlic salt, and paprika. Coat the pork chops on both sides with the mixture. 
7. Turn pressure cooker to saute setting. Add 1 tbs of butter. 
8. Return the pork chops to the pressure cooker. Cover with liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce. 
9. Brown the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side. 

It turned out so yummy!


*I used the CooksEssentials 8qt Oval Pressure Cooker for this recipe.