Thursday, September 19, 2019

Super Busy!

It's been a crazy busy week. On Monday, I grabbed 10 work files all for the same case. That is my favorite thing to do...being able to work on files that are related to each other. It definitely seems to make my workflow go even quicker. There were more available, but I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew, so to speak. So I've been working on those throughout the week.

Yesterday I took the day off, though, because Johnny had an appointment for some skin cancer biopsies. He had a large basal cell carcinoma removed from the top of his head in 2014 (that's what happens when you do swimming pool work for years without wearing a hat!). He has several more spots now that also need to be removed. My poor guy! So we will wait for the biopsy results and then go from there. Right now he's just struggling with being able to sleep.

Since I've been so busy with work this week and we were gone for several hours yesterday, I decided on quick and easy meals this week. Monday was Baked Ziti. Then we had tacos, burritos, or taco salad for Taco Tuesday. I browned the hamburger and mixed it with the taco seasoning, shredded the cheese, cut up the lettuce, and Ashlyn made the guacamole.  Wednesday we had leftovers. Last night we had sloppy joes with cheese peas and candied carrots. All three of those recipes came from my mom. The sloppy joes are super easy. It's just browned hamburger then mix it with ketchup and minced onion and heat through. The cheese peas...just drain a can of peas and melt Velveeta cheese in them...mix them up. Candied carrots are just canned carrots, drained, little bit of butter, and then brown sugar...heated on the stove until the sugar melts. And then tonight we will have leftovers again.

I've been trying to find my planner groove. I've loved planners for as long as I can remember. Even before high school when we got planners through the school, I always had planners. My favorite back then was the Five-Star planners that I used in middle school...but I've had several other kinds as well. In 2016, I switched over to the Happy Planner brand and I still love it so far. I got my new 2019-2020 planner a couple weeks ago and it has a slightly different layout than I usually get. So I've been playing around trying to figure out what I like. While I like decorating my planner to look pretty...I'm definitely more of a functional planner. I also love color coding...so everything has it's own pen color. Here is my decorated functional Happy Planner. :)

20190920_091837


I use the colored box at the top for appointments and other things scheduled in advance. The line right below it I use for meal planning. The bottom I use to track work stuff. The rest is just for everything else. I am thinking about getting a different kind of planner specifically to track all my work stuff that is just January to December (instead of the 18 month planner I have now) and perhaps the mini size. Or they also have new skinny planners as well...so maybe I'll go that route. Or maybe I'll just continue to write it all in this one. I haven't decided yet. :P