Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Amazon Shopping Experiences

So...I do a lot of shopping on Amazon. I like the variety of items, the convenience, and I can generally find pretty good prices. But one reason why I prefer shopping from Amazon, is because they are pretty good about compensating for any problems you might experience.

First, I ordered some ink for our printer with 1-day Prime shipping. I got an email from Amazon saying that it was going to be delayed. I chatted with Amazon customer service, and I was given a $10 promotional credit (which can be used on anything that is both sold and fulfilled by Amazon) immediately applied to my account for the delay. Then I got an email saying that the package was lost and they didn't have a replacement item, so they would refund me the $30.90 that I paid for it. After I got the refund, the printer ink showed up.

With the $10 promotional credit, I decided to try some brush pens that I'd been looking at. I also splurged and bought a large pack of fineliner pens for my planner. I did notice that when I placed the order it said 1-day shipping, but then the confirmation email said 2-day shipping. It wasn't that big of a deal...especially since I was getting $10 off my order already.

Then I ordered this Happy Planner Recipe Organizer Kit on September 8th. It had a "guaranteed" delivery date of September 10th. Well...Amazon didn't even ship the item (from California) until 11:30pm on the 9th. It left Texas on the morning of the 10th, so obviously it wasn't going to get to Kansas in time to be delivered by the guaranteed date. Then I got an email saying that it was "delayed in transit" so I contacted Amazon chat again. I stated that I was getting irritated that we pay $119 a year for Amazon Prime and I'm not getting what I paid for concerning 2-day shipping items arriving by the "guaranteed" delivery date. I didn't even have to ask for anything...she just said that she could issue the refund of $34 for my trouble and then just keep the item once it arrives on the 11th or 12th. :)

So for anyone who likes shopping on Amazon, if you don't get your package by the "guaranteed" delivery date...contact Amazon. I've gotten the "promotional credits" ranging anywhere from $5 to $150 on an expensive item we'd purchased. You can almost always get a $5 or $10 promotional credit for mentioning that you're a pissed Prime member. It has happened quite a few times in the last two years...and it all adds up! With all the promotional credits and refunds that we've gotten, Amazon has basically paid for our Prime membership. ;) But...it works out for Amazon as well. Because they're so good about compensating the customer for any problems they have, I feel more comfortable buying from Amazon...so I do more shopping with them. I know I'll either get my item or they'll make it right without a lot of hassle on my part. And returns are even easier now! You can just drop off the items (you don't have to box them or anything!) at Kohls. They just scan the code from your email and that's it!

It really just boils down to good customer service. That's what makes a person want to continue frequenting any establishment and to recommend it to others.