Monday, April 1, 2019

Recipe: Sour Cream Enchiladas

I got this recipe from a friend back in 2001 and have tweaked it just a little bit. They are delicious and one of my most often requested recipes! Even my ex-husband keeps asking our daughter for the recipe. :P This makes about two 9x13 pans...so they are good for large gatherings, meal trains, or to freeze for later. I don't bake the pans until we are actually ready to eat them...especially if I am giving them to someone else or freezing them for later. I also complete each step in both pans as I go to better judge how much I will need for each pan. 

Sour Cream Enchiladas 
Ingredients:
1 pkg of 24 burrito-size flour tortillas
32 oz colby jack finely shredded cheese
3lbs ground beef 
48 oz refried beans
2 pkg taco seasoning
24 oz sour cream 
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup 

Directions: 
1. Brown hamburger and drain. Return to pan. Add refried beans and taco seasoning. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, cream of chicken, and cream of celery soup. 
3. Spread a thin layer of the sour cream mixture on the bottom of each 9x13 pan. 
4. Add a spoonful (about 4 tbs) of the meat mixture in center of a flour tortilla. Roll like a burrito and place in dish. Repeat this in each pan until full. 
5. Cover the rolled tortillas with another layer of the sour cream mixture. 
6. Spread the shredded cheese in an even layer on top.
7. Heat in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. 

For anyone who likes a little bit more flavor, my husband likes to top his with salsa. :)