Sunday, March 3, 2024

March is off to a good start!

Today, I hit 100 orders in my Etsy shop just for this year. By this time last year, I only had 15 orders. I didn't hit 100 orders last year until June 22nd. My orders are up 567% and my revenue is up 1225% compared to the same time frame last year. Since opening in January 2023, I've had 455 orders. Oh and to update the number of orders I had last week, I had 5 orders on Friday and 5 orders on Saturday...so I had a total of 31 orders that went out last week! My previous record for 1 week was 18 in December. :) I got another 4 orders today (including another order from eBay) and I already got all the orders from this weekend packaged and ready to go to the post office in the morning. 

I worked quite a bit today, but I had a lot of time for myself over the weekend, too. Johnny and I watched Law & Order: Organized Crime last night while we ate dinner. And then after he went to bed, I stayed up awhile playing Sims4. It's my guilty pleasure. ;) My favorite part of the game is definitely building houses. When I was younger, I used to love getting those free real estate magazines that show houses for sale. I used to daydream about which houses I liked best. My grandpa also had a bunch of home & garden design, home improvement projects, etc. books and magazines that I loved looking at when I was a kid. When I had my own spending money, I started buying house plan magazines. I never really outgrew my love for researching what I'd want for my dream home. I actually still have a house plan magazine that I bought...well the magazine says display until July 2006, so I bought it sometime before that. :P I actually found it in one of the boxes that I'd packed up when I moved out of my first apartment in September 2006 (well, the first apartment where I lived alone after I left my ex-husband). It was with my old calendars and planners. There were a lot of good houses in that one! I like getting inspiration from it to build Sim houses. :) I bought another one sometime in 2013 or 2014...when I was helping Johnny with pool work. We stopped at Lowes to get some supplies and I found one that was on sale and grabbed it...but I'm not sure where it is. :( 

On that note...I'm going to go build some more houses before I get back to work tomorrow. :)