I haven't made a poke cake in forever! I've always made just the regular strawberry flavor with white cake, but I decided to branch out and try something new this time. Johnny and I both really like lemon, so I decided to go with a lemon cake and paired it with raspberry Jell-O. It was definitely a yummy combination!
Lemon Raspberry Jell-O Poke Cake
Ingredients:
1 box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Lemon Cake (you can use any brand but I used this one)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup water
1 3oz pkg of Raspberry Jell-O (save and set aside about half a teaspoon of the powder)
1 cup boiling water
1 3oz pkg of Raspberry Jell-O (save and set aside about half a teaspoon of the powder)
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup cold water
1 tub Cool Whip
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare cake according to package and bake as directed.
Remove cake from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare cake according to package and bake as directed.
Remove cake from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Using a fork or skewer, poke holes all over the cake. I used a large serving fork.
Pour Jell-O packet into a bowl. Pour in boiling water and stir until all of the powder has dissolved. Stir in cold water.
Pour all of the Jell-O liquid over the entire cake, making sure that it's evenly distributed.
Cover the cake and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Remove the cake from the fridge and cover with a layer of Cool Whip as frosting. I also like to take the remaining Jell-O powder and sprinkle it on top of the cake for something a little extra.
Then slice and enjoy!
Make sure to store the cake in the refrigerator.
Make sure to store the cake in the refrigerator.