It's been over a month since I wrote an "update" kind of post!
I went to the eye doctor today. I've been having pulsatile tinnitus with headaches so I wanted to make sure everything is fine with my optic nerve. They noticed that one of my pupils is larger than the other but they're both reacting fine so they're not worried about that. Then he dilated my eye and my optic nerve still looks good, so I'm not going to worry about intracranial hypertension. I do have to go in next month for glaucoma testing, though. They said normal ocular pressure is 10-20 and mine was 23 today. They mentioned something about it being slightly elevated last time I was there in 2023 but nobody mentioned anything to me at that time. He wants to check it out, though, since we have a family history of glaucoma (and cataracts and macular degeneration). And if nothing else, we can establish a baseline in case it gets worse in the future. They'll also check the thickness of my cornea because that can affect it as well. And then I think after that appointment I'll get my new eyeglass prescription which will probably include bifocal lenses. And it actually looks like I won't need as strong of a prescription as my current glasses...so that's good.
Right now I'm just waiting for my eyes to start wanting to focus again after being dilated. :P I can see far away with my glasses on, but I can't see close-up with my glasses on. So I keep having to take my glasses on and off depending on what I'm looking at. :P
I've been having some issues with neuropathic pain the last few days...which is making it really hard to sleep. I have small fiber neuropathy which is pretty common with hEDS. I was first diagnosed with it back in 2006. It's the worst when I have a fever...but I don't know what else triggers it for me.
And in other news, Aubry was officially diagnosed with Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and MCAS...and is being evaluated for POTS (or orthostatic hypotension which is what I have). I think they're also going to look into some supports/braces that might help her as well. Aubry started going to a new health clinic in the last few months and she's really liking it so far...so that's good. And it's really awesome to have a healthcare provider in the area that is knowledgeable about EDS...because it's definitely not common.
We celebrated Ashlyn's birthday last weekend with dinner at Olive Garden and then playing Flip7 at my grandparents' house. It's hard to believe my youngest baby is already 22 years old! She's settled in at Johnny's daughter's house. She's staying there for awhile so she can save up for a new vehicle and her own place. It seems to be going well so far.
Other than that, though, there's not really a whole lot to update about. Work is going well but it's been a pretty slow September. I think this is the first month that my orders and revenue were lower for the month compared to the previous year. But with things being slower, it has given me a chance to work on some new things as well as work on some administrative stuff that I've been slacking on.
So...I think I'm going to get back to work. :)