Monday, December 27, 2021

The year is almost over already!

I hope everyone has had a very merry Christmas! Our Christmas was a little more low-key than we'd originally planned. We went to my sisters on the 12th to celebrate Christmas with my parents and my mom's mom. I got a bunch of plastic storage bins (which is what I asked for) because we have a ton of stuff in the basement that I want to sort and move out to the garage so we can actually make the basement a usable space again. :P Most of what is down there is garage sale stuff. My 2022 resolution is to finally have a garage sale! We've just been setting aside stuff for years but then never actually having the garage sale. So...my mission this year is to actually have the garage sale. :P Johnny got a really neat hatchet tool and some storage straps. The girls got gift cards, fuzzy socks, a neat pen, etc. 

I haven't been feeling well (migraines, horrible nausea, and sciatica) so I haven't had a whole lot of energy. We were supposed to go to the annual pizza party with my mom's dad's side of the family last week but I was super dizzy and nauseous all week so Johnny and I stayed home. Ashlyn tagged along with my mom and sister though and they had a good time (Aubry had to work). Then shortly after that, my sister and her family came down with Covid. Ashlyn already gone to XH's parents' house but I had her get tested before she went to the Christmas party down there just as a precaution. She tested negative and hasn't shown any symptoms since. But my grandparents went ahead and brought all of our gifts from them over to our house on Christmas Eve so Johnny and I stayed home over the weekend and lounged with the dogs. The girls came over Christmas Day to open their gifts and then eat dinner with us.  

Johnny is back at work today after a nice three-day weekend. He'll have a three-day weekend over New Years too...so we're looking forward to that. There hasn't been much transcription work available lately but I've been working on CandiMaker stuff off and on when I've felt up to it. Other than that...we've just been hanging out and enjoying the peace and quiet. :)