Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Making Progress!

In my last post, I discussed some customer service issues that I've been having with both Vivohome and Lowes. 

Johnny had to return something he bought to fix the mower because they ended up being the wrong size or something. While he was there at the returns desk, he talked to them about his birthday present that FedEx lost in transit (tracking still hasn't updated since August 9). After a few phone calls, Kyle (not sure if he is a manager or just an associate) was able to scan our receipt to do an in-store return for a refund. We should've gone to the store sooner! It's so nice to have that all taken care of and not continue waiting in limbo for a couple more weeks. 

And this morning, I woke up to an email from Vivohome suddenly changing their mind and giving me the address to return the heat press. So I went straight to the post office before Johnny had to start work. I had to pay the return shipping (which is irritating considering it's a heavy item and cost more than $100 to ship to California) but at least it's progress. "Dan" told me in the previous emails that Vivohome was going to, "actively contact the bank to protect our own interests," so I'm wondering if the bank contacted them about the dispute and told them that they would approve my dispute if they didn't honor their return/refund policy. I contacted the bank and provided the tracking information just in case Vivohome tries to deny the refund after I've already returned the heat press to them. They're a very shady company...so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they tried to do anything like that. But I took pictures showing that the heat press was being sent in the original box and a picture of the heat press and all the accessories packed in the box...in addition to the previous videos showing all the accessories in the original packaging and the condition of the heat press. I also paid the few dollars extra for insurance just in case something were to happen in transit. Because again...it isn't like I can trust Vivohome to make anything right. Hopefully when they get it on Friday/Saturday they'll immediately issue the refund without any problems. We shall see. And if the USPS loses the package...then I can be refunded the $350 covered insurance plus what I paid for shipping. Otherwise, I'll just deduct the shipping on my income taxes. 

And in other unrelated customer service news...I really hate calling in to a customer service line and having to listen to FIVE MINUTES of a recording (about something that is completely irrelevant to me) just to then have the next recording tell me that all agents are busy and the queue is full so I should go online and use their chat feature. Yeah...that was after I'd already tried to use the chat feature and was told that what I needed could only be handled over the phone. I'm just full of complaints! :P lol.

I suppose I should get back to this four minute file I have for work. It's a pretty poor quality audio file so I've been procrastinating. It's not due until Thursday, but I just want to be done with it so I'll submit it tonight before I go to bed. There were actually multiple files available for this case...but I took one of the short four minute files to check the audio and was like...nope! So I didn't claim the other three files for this case. The longer files would have taken forever to get done with this audio quality. And considering I am paid by the length of the file and not the length of time it takes me to finish the file, it would put me FAR below minimum wage for the time it would take to finish those files. Hopefully there will be more files available tomorrow. There haven't been a whole lot of files in the queue lately. Hopefully it'll pick back up again soon.