Monday, September 27, 2021

Getting a lot done!

Even though we spend most of our time at home (since Johnny and I are both working from home), it still feels like we're busy all the time. Not in a bad way...but in a productive way. :) 

Bozley and Nova both had appointments at the groomer on Sunday. Boz hadn't been since the end of May and Nova had never been. Luckily our groomer was able to get them both in at the same time...since they both seem to get anxious when the other isn't around. The groomer said they did wonderful though! And they always smell so good when they come home. :) I always like taking pictures after they get home...but I took a ridiculous amount of pictures trying to get one that had both of them in focus at the same time. :P I did manage to get a good picture of them, though. 

Then on Monday, Nova had her appointment to get spayed. I dropped her off at 7am and then I got a call from the vet's office around 11am saying that everything went well and she was waking up from anesthesia. She stayed overnight and poor Bozley just kinda laid around the whole time she was gone and wouldn't eat his food. Johnny said that when I dropped Nova off, Bozley was howling the whole time I was gone. I picked Nova up the next morning and Bozley was SO excited when she walked in the house. He stayed right by her side the rest of the day. It still amazes me how much they bonded with each other in such a short amount of time. But...it has been very difficult to keep Nova calm despite the Trazadone prescription they gave her. :P She's more interested in playing with Bozley. So trying to make sure she doesn't tear open her stitches or anything has been an exhausting task. :P  OH! And the vet sent Nova home with one of the cone collars...she couldn't figure out how to lift her head and walk! LOL. In true goofy Nova fashion, she kept walking with her head down which made the cone catch on the ground and she'd just stop and not move. I had to hold the top of the cone up so she would walk straight. :P 

Ashlyn's birthday was last week. The weekend before she celebrated with XH's family (not XH...he sent her a text message saying happy birthday but that's it and she wasn't impressed) and then we had Great Wall for dinner and ice cream cake on her birthday. Then yesterday we went out to dinner at Olive Garden with my mom and grandparents and then back to my grandparents' house to play a board game that my grandpa made called Pegs and Jokers. I lost big time! :P Since we had seven people playing, we had multiple decks of cards. Each player gets six cards...and at one point all six of my cards were sevens. :P And Johnny was playing most of the game with only four cards because he forgot to draw after each turn. LOL. But we had a great time. My birthday is next month (the big 40!) and a weekend or two before my birthday mom is taking a big group of us out to go miniature golfing and then coming back to our house to have my favorite meal for dinner: meatballs and cheesy potatoes. :) 

I finally got the refund for the defective heat press and was able to get a replacement heat press and my Cricut. :) They arrived on Thursday and Friday. This weekend I rearranged the office so everything would fit. I moved the file cabinets so there would be more room. Unfortunately my printer is just too big to fit in the armoire so I moved it to my desk. I had to take EVERYTHING out of my desk so I could move it...it's a heavy desk by itself! But I was able to rearrange everything in my desk for more logical organization. I updated my last blog post with a picture and description of my office now. :) There are still a few things I'm wanting to get (storage solutions, supplies, etc) but I'm hoping I'll be able to get some things for my birthday and Christmas. :) I can't wait to get in my groove and start building up some inventory!