Monday, May 30, 2022

Another Productive Weekend

Most of the three-day weekend we lounged around. We watched the Season Finale of Blacklist and then binge-watched the first 7 episodes of Stranger Things. But I also got a lot of work done in the basement. We're getting an adjustable king-size bed so I needed to make room downstairs to store our queen-size bed. I still have some more work to do...but at least now we have room for the bed. :) We also did some spring cleaning in the kitchen. Johnny pulled out the stove and vacuumed and cleaned the floor and everything! I also did a little bit of purging and reorganizing on the counter and in the cabinets. Always a work in progress! We also sprayed around the cabinet under the sink and along the edges in the kitchen for ants and bugs. We do it about once a year. And of course I vacuumed and did laundry and got all the other normal chores done. :P 

I've also been working on my Etsy shop and trying to decide what direction I want to take it. I've been considering offering POD in my Etsy shop, so I've been researching that a lot. I don't think that's what I want to do right now though. I am planning to start offering sublimation transfer prints soon. I'd like to get a thermal label printer at some point to make printing shipping labels more convenient. Before I can print labels at all, I'll need to figure out the issues with our regular printer that we bought a few years ago. I don't know if it's just trying to die on us or if it just needs some maintenance. I'd like to get another (smaller) Epson EcoTank printer. That'll be a little while though. I'm also planning to start designing planner sticker printables...and I'd like to start offering printed sticker kits in the future but I will probably wait until I get a new printer to start doing that. 

I also have an idea of products that I will start making in the future to offer in my Etsy shop. It isn't something that I've found many people already offering on Etsy...and none the way that I plan to. So I'm pretty excited about that. But there are a lot of details that I need to hammer out first and some work that I need to do before I can make that vision a reality. But...I'm really excited for the future of CandiMaker! :)