Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Another busy weekend!

This past weekend wasn't quite as busy as garage sale weekend...but it felt busy. It was at least a productive weekend. On Saturday I spent all day working in the basement. The night before the garage sale, Aubry came over and finished sorting and packing all the stuff in her room. She and a friend of hers got a small storage unit and they were able to take some of her stuff over there. So this weekend I worked on taking down the bed and the desk and getting the rest of the stuff out of her room. Then I moved almost all of the boxes of my mother-in-law's stuff into Aubry's closet. If the closet was just a little bit bigger I could've fit all of them...just needed one more row. 

I also moved all the cat stuff into Aubry's room too...their food and water bowls, litterbox, cat tree, etc. Then I moved the gate that we had at the top of the stairs to the door of Aubry's room. The dogs have been barking at the cats at the top of the stairs so I wanted to remove that "tension spot" as much as possible. It's really working out a lot better. Even without the gate, Bozley has no desire to go down the stairs...but Nova loves going down there. It's actually giving Nova and the cats some time to get to know each other without Bozley around. Boz and Nova tend to get each other worked up and being that excited makes the cats just want to hide. But when Bozley isn't around, Nova is a lot more calm and she will just sit or lay down and watch the cats from the other side of the gate. She goes down to check on them every once in awhile and then comes back upstairs. So it's nice that Leo and Angel are able to get to know Nova in a more calm manner than when Bozley is around. Hopefully Leo and Angel will start to feel comfortable enough to come upstairs again eventually. I mean...they seem content downstairs, we just miss seeing them more often. :) 

I also took apart our big dining room table Saturday and took it downstairs. It's a tall, hexagon shaped table and took up a lot of room. It's nice for big family dinners, but we only have those maybe once or twice a year anymore. So on Sunday, my parents brought over my grandma's dining room table. It's a smaller round table that has a couple leaves that we can use to expand the table when we have dinners. Grandma decided the table and chairs were just too heavy for her to move around while cleaning and everything so she has a lighter table now and we have a smaller table. :) And the wood of the new table matches our cabinets and floor better than the darker hexagon table we had. The only thing that's taking some time to get used to is the fact that the table seems so short compared to our old one! :P But it really looks good in the space and I think we'll really like the extra room. 


I finally got all the stuff left over from the garage sale put into the plastic bins...at least the items small enough to fit in the bins. I still need to finish going through the basement AND decide where I'm going to store the bins (the basement or the garage) but I'll start working on that after I take a break. I'm way too tired and sore to work on it right now. :P It's one of those things where my mind is all, "Ooh this sounds like a good idea!" And then the next day (or week) my body is like, "Why are you so dumb?" LOL. But...now that all the stuff we sold or got rid of in the garage sale is out of the way, at least I have more room to work in the basement and the garage to sort and organize what's left. I am going to have to do it soon though...because we'll have to figure out what to do with our queen-size bed because we're going to be getting a king-size adjustable bed soon. :) 

In other news, Ashlyn has started training for her new job! She's just worked a couple days so far and then next week she'll start her actual job. This is her first payroll job and she seems to be enjoying it so far. :) 

I'm sad that the season finales of our shows are coming up or have already aired. We watched NCIS last night and the Law & Order SVU and Organized Crime season finales aired last week. Then Friday night we have the Blacklist season finale. BUT...one nice thing is that several other shows that we watch are starting up again. Season 4 of Stranger Things is being released Friday so we'll binge watch that after Blacklist. And then In the Dark starts again in about two weeks. I think The Boys has a third season being released next week. I was hoping Manifest would come back over the summer...but I think that won't be until late fall or something. But...you know...first world problems. :P