Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Things are really coming together!

So, a couple weeks ago I mentioned that I am starting a new adventure. Everything is moving right along. :) 

When the Cricut Maker 3 came earlier this month, I really started thinking about crafting again. A lot. I've enjoyed arts and crafts ever since I was a child, and it's something that I've shared with my children since they were very little, too. Sketching, painting, sculpting, pottery, stained glass, papercrafting, scrapbooking, photography...pretty much a little bit of everything on top of creative writing. I've gotten to the point where I want to do it as more than just a hobby. Now...I want to start crafting to sell. 

I've been thinking about it for a long time but never got around to actually doing more than thinking about it. Johnny and I have been talking about it lately, though, and we decided that it'd be a great time to get more serious about it. He's looking forward to it just as I am...which makes a huge difference. I've been spending a lot of time researching, creating spreadsheets, doing paperwork, and gathering everything that I'll need for this adventure. In addition to selling products, I'll be selling my digital designs on Etsy as well. 

About a week ago, I officially received my Retailers' Sales Tax Registration Certificate in the mail. I've been filling out and submitting the paperwork for tax-exempt status with several suppliers for materials. I've also been researching equipment and materials. It's a process...but it's fun. :) 

So far, I have my drawing tablet, printer, and heat press...as well as supplies like sublimation ink, sublimation paper, parchment paper, heat tape, etc. I haven't ordered sublimation blanks yet. There are a lot of supply chain issues right now as well as shipping delays. I also still have to get the office completely converted for my workspace...which is going to be a huge job in itself. 

Everything is still in the very early stages...but I'm really excited about getting everything up and running. :) I'll have a lot more information to share in the future. Right now I'm also still working as a law enforcement transcriptionist...so I manage my time between both. And on that note...back to work!