Wednesday, August 12, 2026

What a week!

Man...it's been a long week already and it's only...well now it's Wednesday. :P 

Sunday I was getting ready to print sticker sheet orders on my Romeo...except the black plastic piece of the tensioner (the part that tightens the blade holder in place) broke in half. I found ONE place online that sells it as a replacement part...so I got that ordered. The bad news is that it won't get here until Friday. I really hate when there's no option to purchase expedited shipping. I have a ton of orders that have to be shipped before Friday. I was worried that I was going to have to start cutting them one at a time on my Cricut. My Cricut Maker 3 absolutely sucked for sticker sheets, but I haven't tried making them on my Maker 4. I've just been using my Siser Romeo for sticker sheets (it works perfectly to cut four 5x7 sticker sheets at one time) and then I use my Cricut Maker 4 for my stickers and magnets. 

So anyway...Sunday night, I ended up using a little bit of Gorilla super glue gel to see if it would hold the two broken halves together. I let it sit overnight to fully dry before I tried using it. I had four sticker sheet orders that I needed to send out on Monday, so that morning I held my breath and cut the sticker sheets using the super-glued tensioner...and thank goodness it worked. I stopped after the sheets due Monday and got all my orders packaged so I could go to the post office. I had to buy some shipping boxes for my large notepad orders. When there's just a few notepads, I can ship them in the pretty bubble mailers. I bought with my eBay refund, but larger orders need a box. I bought some 11x8x6 and 10x603 boxes and they worked out perfectly. 

I usually just put my orders in our mailbox (we have a locked cluster box) and any poly bubble mailers I put in our mailbox with a note for our mail carrier (who is pretty wonderful, btw) that it's outgoing mail, but the boxes won't fit. So I took the packages in to be scanned and dropped off the envelopes. I had a lot of sticker and magnet orders from the weekend (mostly custom name stickers and magnets) so I worked on those the rest of the day and put them in the mailbox before I went to bed. 

Today was the real test. I had 12 sticker sheet orders that were due tomorrow (well...now it's today)...and luckily my super-glued Romeo cut all six 11x17 pages without any problem. Thank goodness! So tomorrow I should--hopefully--be able to get the rest of my sticker sheet orders out that are due the 13th and 14th and then I'll have the new part on Friday. 

My new chair arrives today! I'm really excited...hopefully it'll help with the pain and discomfort. My JellieBody should arrive on Friday...so hopefully between the two I'll be able to find some relief.  Especially considering I have some more notebooks to make this week, too. 

Well...I suppose I should get some sleep so I can get orders done tomorrow. :)